78.64% of the eligible population in the Canary Islands is now fully vaccinated
Until yesterday, 1,542,047 people who have already received the complete vaccination schedule, that is, 78.64% of the target population over 12 years old, had been immunized.
The Ministry of Health of the Government of the Canary Islands reports that the vaccination teams of the Canarian Health Service have administered 3,004,718 doses of vaccines.
In the Archipelago, 83.04% of the target population (that of more than 12 years that amounts to 1,960,774 people) is already vaccinated against COVID-19, since there are already 1,628,224 people who have received, at least one dose of the vaccine. This means that 87.02% of those over 16 years of age (who were the target population when the campaign began) have received at least one dose.
In addition, until yesterday, 1,542,047 people had been immunized with both vaccine doses, which represents 78.64%t of the target population in the Archipelago. If the initial target population (those over 16 years of age) in the Canary Islands is taken as a reference, 82.42% are already immunized.
At present, groups from 1 to 7 (residents and health and social health personnel of residences; health personnel; large dependents and main caregivers; vulnerable people; groups with essential functions such as teachers and policemen and people with very high-risk conditions) are already vaccinated with two doses between 99.5 and 100%.
In the rest of the age groups, the situation is as follows:
- Group 8. People between 60 and 65 years old: 82.59% with at least one dose and 61.94% with a complete regimen.
- Group 9. People between 50 and 59 years old: 95.46% with at least one dose and 95.97% with a complete regimen.
- Group 10. People between 40 and 49 years old: 59.24% with at least one dose and 76.39% with a complete regimen (including those immunized with Janssen, which is a single-dose vaccine).
- Group 11. People between 30 and 39 years old: 63.48% with at least one dose and 57.55% with a complete regimen.
- Group 12. People between 20 and 29 years old: 58.37% with one dose and 51.89% with a complete regimen.
- Group 13. People between 12 and 19 years old: 71.41% with a dose and 57.05% with a complete regimen.