Agüimes Carnival 2021 - A carnival in the wonderful years 60's, 70's, 80's
The Agüimes City Council has announced in an official statement that they are suspending the costume contest (Murgas contest) in the 2021 edition of their carnival.
There has been no other announcement regarding the dates of the event and the authorities say they are working to find a safe way to celebrate this event in their municipality.
Aguimes Carnival 2021
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Gran Canaria.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Aguimes once again.
- There has been no announcement regarding the dates
- 2021 theme: Aguimes, a carnival in the wonderful years 60's, 70's, 80's
The theme has been announced after a popular vote that took place online and it's "Aguimes, a carnival in the wonderful years 60's, 70's, 80's".
If you're planning a trip to Gran Canaria during the carnival season you can read more info about the events in Las Palmas, Telde or go straight to the page about Gran Canaria Carnivals 2020, where we share info about all the events happening in that period around the island.
Read more about what you can expect in terms of weather conditions in Gran Canaria during the carnival season:
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour