Caleta de Fuste Carnival 2020 - Dates & Schedule
The municipality of Antigua organizes each year 2 carnivals, under the same theme: the first one is in Antigua and the second one in the popular tourist resort of Caleta de Fuste.
In recent years the authorities in many municipalities in the Canary Islands (not just in Fuerteventura), have chosen to integrate the local community in choosing the theme of the event, so they sometimes organize a vote in order to select the allegory for the carnival.
Antigua Carnival 2020: 13 - 16 February 2020
- See the schedule for the carnival in Antigua - available only in Spanish
Caleta de Fuste Carnival 2020: 21 - 23 February 2020
- The theme for the 2020 carnival in Antigua municipality: Music through time
- Info about the weather in Fuerteventura in February
- Details about other carnivals in Fuerteventura
Schedule - Caleta de Fuste Carnival
FRIDAY 21st FEBRUARY
- 20.00 h Gala opening of the Carnival with dance performances by the children's dance group “Zulymar”& "Savia Joven” from the Senior Citizens Center of Antigua &
Sevillanas dance group from the Cultural Association Campillo. Star performance by the youth artist “Sadin B"
- 22.00 h. Music with groups “Sirinoke Folk” & 'Pins & Pop”
SATURDAY 22nd FEBRUARY - DAYTIME CARNIVAL
- 10.00 h. Carnival Bus Advertising the afternoon street parade
- 12.00 h. DJ CAT
- 13.00 h. MUSIC WITH ROCK GROUP “LOS ASERES”
- 15.00 h. DJ CAT
- 17.00 h. LIVE MUSIC with Group “LOS 600”
- 18:30 h. “Grand Carnival Parade” departing from Street/.José Franchi Roca (Hotel San Jorge) continuing until the Public Square of Caleta de Fuste (opposite Hotel Barcelo) COME ALONG & JOIN IN WITH THE PARADE, IT'S FREE & FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY, DRESS UP & ENJOY CARNIVAL!!!
- 21:00 h. LIVE MUSIC WITH “GRUPO BOMBA & ORCHESTRA”
- 23.00 h. MUSIC CONCERT FEATURING TRIBUTE BAND OF “MANÁ”
SUNDAY 23rd FEBRUARY
- 16:00 h. Daytime Carnival Activities for the Kids
- 18:00 h. Grand Burning of the Sardine (Traditionally the Carnival ends with the
“Entierro de la Sardina” Funeral of the Sardine, a giant sardine made of paper is
carried in a mock funeral style procession)
- 19.00 h. Live Music (traditionally in honour of the widows of the Sardine)
This theme was chosen in order to showcase the important role of music in great shows like musicals and movies, as a form of entertainment that stimulates each person's imagination.
Another novelty for 2020 is represented by the decision to extend the Carnival of Antigua to the entire Municipality, taking the celebrations of the carnival parties to each locality, whether coastal or inland, beyond Antigua and Caleta de Fuste, where the events will take place from February 13 to 16 and from February 21 to 23, respectively.