Caleta de Fuste Carnival 2021 - To Be Announced
The municipality of Antigua organizes each year 2 carnivals, under the same theme: the first one is in Antigua and the second one in the popular tourist resort of Caleta de Fuste.
In recent years the authorities in many municipalities in the Canary Islands (not just in Fuerteventura), have chosen to integrate the local community in choosing the theme of the event, so they sometimes organize a vote in order to select the allegory for the carnival.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Fuerteventura. Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is cancelled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Caleta de Fuste once again.
We will update this page as soon as we know more about the next edition of the carnival in Caleta de Fuste (El Castillo) - Antigua municipality.
Antigua Carnival 2021: to be announced
- The schedule, theme and dates for the next carnival in Antigua have not been announced yet. We will update this page as soon as there is an announcement.
Caleta de Fuste Carnival 2021: to be announced
- The theme for the 2021 carnival in Antigua municipality: to be announced
- Info about the weather in Fuerteventura in February
- Details about other carnivals in Fuerteventura
Events during the Carnival in Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
These are the usual events that are organized during the carnival in Caleta de Fuste. These events take place over the course of several days, with various activities organized each day.
- The opening gala of the Carnival with dance performances
- Music with groups
- Daytime Carnival - Grand Carnival Parade departing from Street/.José Franchi Roca (Hotel San Jorge) continuing until the Public Square of Caleta de Fuste (opposite Hotel Barcelo)
- Daytime Carnival Activities for the Kids
- Grand Burning of the Sardine (Traditionally the Carnival ends with the
- “Entierro de la Sardina” Funeral of the Sardine, a giant sardine made of paper is carried in a mock funeral style procession)
- Live Music (traditionally in honour of the widows of the Sardine)
A novelty for 2020 was represented by the decision to extend the Carnival of Antigua to the entire Municipality, taking the celebrations of the carnival parties to each locality, whether coastal or inland, beyond Antigua and Caleta de Fuste.
- Best apartments in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Modern Apartment (perfect for families) • Apartments in Atlantic Garden Beach Mate (renovated complex with pool)
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Tours & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour