The Canarian Government will distribute 5.3 million euros to help families affected by COVID-19 pay the rent - Positive News from the Canary Islands
Let's also share some positive news, among all this panic and chaos. We will try to find some good news to share from the Canary Islands, from Spain and the entire world, so we can keep up the hope.
April 16, 2020
1. The Minister of Public Works, Transport and Housing of the Government of the Canary Islands will distribute 5.3 million euros to help families affected by COVID-19 pay the rent. The amount of this aid will be up to a maximum of 900 euros per month per family. (Gobierno de Canarias)
2. Las Palmas is the province with the lowest rate of infections and deaths from Covid-19. The Canary Islands is the second autonomous community with the fewest deaths from coronavirus, after the Region of Murcia. (Lancelot Digital)
3. A mathematical model predicts that the Canary Islands will stop registering new COVID-19 infections after April 25. Its author, ULPGC professor Pedro Saavedra, warns that this projection must be taken with "great caution" and that it could only be valid if there are no "relevant changes" in the confinement situation. (Canarias7)
4. The islands of Graciosa and Alegranza are being watched by air to ensure that the lockdown is respected. La Graciosa, which has only a small permanent population, is now the only Canary Islands with no COVID-19 cases.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.