Out of all the carnivals in Fuerteventura, the carnaval in Corralejo is probably the most expected one of all.
Corralejo Carnival Dates 2019: 14 - 24 March 2019
- 2019 Theme: Cities of the World
MAIN EVENTS DURING THE CORRALEJO CARNIVAL
- El Pregon: 14 March
- Election of the Carnival Queen: 15 March
- Daytime Carnival: 16 March
- Children Carnival: 17 March
- Gala Drag Queen: 18 March
- Third Age Day: 19 March
- Children's Party: 20 March
- Dance Day / Dia de Danzas: 21 March
- Maraton de murgas: 22 March
- Coso de carnaval de Corralejo / Main parade in Corralejo: 23 March
- Burial of the sardine / Entierro de la sardina: 24 March
The theme of the 2019 carnival was announced during the last day of the 2018 carnival, so that the participant groups will have enough time to prepare their costumes.
The theme was chosen by online popular vote. The other themes proposed were: Tribes of the world, Bollywood, The 4 elements.
Update 14 February 2019
The winner of the contest for the carnival poster is Justyna Joanna Sierpinska with the work "La Ciudad de Neon".
Update 10 January 2019
The City Council of La Oliva has announced that there will be a competition for electing the poster for this year's carnival. The winning poster will be presented to the public on February 13th.
See also: info about all the other carnivals in Fuerteventura.