Costa Adeje Market in Tenerife - Days and Times
A weekly market in Costa Adeje, situated across from the Gran Hotel Costa Adeje. This market is held two times each week, on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Costa Adeje Market days - every Thursday & Saturday from 9 AM to 2 PM
- Location: Avenida de Bruselas (opposite the GF Gran Costa Adeje Hotel)
- Days: Thursdays and Saturdays
- Hours: between 9:00 and 14:00 h
The market in Costa Adeje is typical for the Canary Islands, with many stalls selling counterfeit items like handbags and watches. It tends to get busy after 11 AM, so beware of pickpockets and take great care of your purse.
Some people refer to Costa Adeje Market as the Playa de Las Americas Market, although it is located in the resort of Costa Adeje. Since the two resorts are so close together it is easy for visitors to get confused. But even if you're staying in Las Americas, it is easy to get to this market, only a short taxi ride away and a few euros in price.
Where is Costa Adeje Market in Tenerife
As you can see, the market is shown on Google Maps as Fanabe Market, but it's actually the same thing, referring to the Market in Costa Adeje.
What can you find at the market in Costa Adeje?
- Fake items like handbags, cosmetics, watches, clothing items
- Local aloe vera cosmetics
- Items from local artisans and craftsmen
- Clothes and shoes
A list of advice if you plan to go:
- Take care of your personal belongings (watch your bags, purse, and pockets where you keep your money)
- Don't keep your passport or ID in the same place where you keep your cash or cards
- Don't wear expensive jewellery
- Take care of your phone and camera
- Haggle if you want to buy something - the prices are usually much inflated and you should haggle if you don't want to overpay
- If you plan to arrive by car, you should come early, as parking will be quite difficult.
See more recommendations of things to do in Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje Market vs Los Cristianos
Some of the stalls are the same at both markets, as some sellers participate on Saturdays at the market in Costa Adeje and then go over on Sunday to Los Cristianos.
Our advice is to go to whichever market is closer to you, as there is nothing really special in either place.
The market in Costa Adeje is not as big or as crowded as the one in Los Cristianos.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour
FAQ about Costa Adeje Market in Tenerife
Costa Adeje market takes place twice weekly: on Thursdays and on Saturdays.