El Álamo - A new hiking trail in Teror, Gran Canaria
Teror City Council has announced the opening of the first route of the “Senderos y Vida” (Trails and Life) project, located in the El Álamo neighborhood, between the “El Muñigal” bridge and the “La Molineta” bridge. This new route will also allows hikers to connect directly with other existing trails such as Peñón Chiquito, Subida de Las Abejas, Mirador de Las Cuevas or Barranquillo de El Barbuzano, among others.
The aim of the entire project “Senderos y Vida” is to recover all those trails and roads in the Teror municipality with a sustainable approach and care for the environment, while also adapting the spaces for open-air fuse and enjoyment of visitors.
The first phase of the project has consisted of making the road passable, after cleaning garbage (plastics and polluting waste) and reforesting the flora. The second phase, for which work is already underway is to complete the route, consisting of installing signage, virtual digitization and promoting the route.
The actions integrated into the “Senderos y Vida” project are intended to promote and encourage the realization of hiking activities in Teror, one of the nicest areas of Gran Canaria.
Check out this video of El Alamo trail in Teror, uploaded by the Tourism Office in the municipality, in order to see exactly where the trail starts and how to get there. You can also get an idea of how difficult the trail is and what type of equipment you will need. We recommend you to wear suitable hiking shoes.
Also, see lots of photos from the new trail in Teror
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour