El Médano celebrates its festivities in honor of Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes de Roja
El Médano celebrates its festivities in honor of its Patron Saint:
Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes de Roja, with an extensive program of events that began last Friday, September 6th, and that will extend until September 24th, which is the patron's day.
Fiesta in honor of Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes de Roja in El Medano - September 2019
Info about the weather in Tenerife in September
See a list of the best things to do in El Medano
The mass, the procession and the fireworks display will take place on Saturday, September 14th, ending with a fiesta entertained by the Kimbara group and the Orquestra Deliciosa.
One of the most popular acts will take place on September 15th, with the XIVth Romería Barquera, which will start after the mass, at 12.00, and in which the dancers of Pinar (El Hierro) will participate, the Agaete band and also various folk groups. Sunday will conclude with music by Aparranda2 and the Deliciosa, Malibu Band and Tropin orchestras.
September 24th is the patron's day, so on that day after Mass, at 9:00 p.m., a procession will be celebrated with the image of the patron saint, accompanied by candles and music by Sociedad Cultural José Reyes Martín.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour