Family Holidays in Fuerteventura: Best Resort & Family Hotels
Fuerteventura, the second-largest Canary Island, is a great place to visit for families since you have endless beaches, beautiful weather all year round and the atmosphere on the island is laid-back and relaxed.
If you're looking for the perfect destination for your next beach holiday as a family, look no further than Fuerteventura. Here you'll find many things to do with the kids, resorts with safe beaches and nice bars and restaurants to try if you decide to go self-catering.
Why Fuerteventura is good for families
- European standards, as it's part of Spain
- Safe destination for you and your family
- Only 4 or 5 hours away from the UK and mainland Europe
- Gorgeous weather all year round
- Lots and lots of beaches
- Good choice of family-friendly hotels
Best hotels in Fuerteventura for families
- Castillo Playa ** • Caleta de Fuste • children's play area & children's pool
- Pierre & Vacances Village OrigoMare **** • Lajares • private water park (Craterpark)
- Meliá Fuerteventura **** • Costa Calma • games room and children’s playground
Best villas and apartments for families in Fuerteventura
- Exclusive Family Villa • Antigua • Ocean-view, heated pool, playground
- Villa Olympia • Corralejo • Private pool, close to town and beaches
- Villa Lola • Caleta de Fuste • Heated pool, amazing sea views
Best resort in Fuerteventura for family holidays
If you are still undecided about which part of the island to choose as a base for your holiday in Fuerteventura, you can read more in our dedicated article about where to stay in Fuerteventura.
In our opinion, the best Fuerteventura resorts for families are Corralejo and Caleta de Fuste.
We will try to explain why, so you can decide which is best for you.
Corralejo is the best resort in Fuerteventura for families with teenagers.
Corralejo is the liveliest resort in Fuerteventura, located in the north of the island.
Corralejo is also the most popular resort on the island, which means that it's the busiest and also has the best bars and nightlife. If you're traveling with teens and you want to stay out a bit later at night and keep them entertained, Corralejo has the best options.
In Corralejo, you have some amazing activities to do and places to visit with the kids:
- Enjoy the town beaches
- Corralejo sand dunes and the many kilometers of stunning beaches
- Go on a dune buggy tour
- Popcorn beach - read more about it in our article about things to do in Corralejo
- The market at El Campanario
- The water park - Acua Water Park
- Boat trip to Los Lobos island
- Try surfing at one of the local surfing schools
Where to eat in Corralejo: family-friendly restaurants
- An caisteal - hands down the best breakfast in Corralejo
- Citrus Surf Cafe - great burgers
- La Cremeria Heladeria Artesanal - our favourite ice cream place
Places to stay in Corralejo for families
- Private pool
- Close to town and beaches
- 4 bedrooms, 2 baths
Playa Park Zensation ****
- family-friendly aparthotel
- 3 seawater pools
- tennis mini-basketball and mini-football courts
2. Caleta de Fuste
Caleta de Fuste is the best resort in Fuerteventura for families with small children.
Caleta de Fuste (El Castillo) is the closest resort to the airport in Fuerteventura and it's a resort that was purposely developed for tourism, so you have many hotels, restaurants and a lovely beach for sunbathing.
The beach in Caleta de Fuste is really great for toddlers and small children because the water is always calm, no big waves, no dangerous currents and the kids can play freely and safely.
What to do with the kids in Caleta de Fuste:
- Enjoy the beach - Playa El Castillo
- Swim in the rock pool (only for older kids who know how to swim)
- See the chipmunks
- Oceanarium explorer - swim with the sea lions
- Go on a trike tour from Caleta de Fuste
Places to stay in Caleta de Fuste for families
- sauna, gym, laundry facilities
- kid's pool and playground area
- close to the beach in Caleta de Fuste
- residential area of Caleta de Fuste, very quiet
- private heated pool
- 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
- Best Apartments & Villas in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Rooftop Terrace Apartment (perfect for couples) • Exclusive Villa with Heated Pool (family villa, ocean view)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Daytrips & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour