If you are in Tenerife in January, don't miss the celebration of the fiesta de San Antonio Abad!
Fiestas en Honor a San Antonio Abad / Festival in Honor of San Antonio Abad: 10 - 17 January 2019
- Location: Arona
There are several religious celebrations that will take during this week and on Saturday night there will be a big party and also a traditional celebration (Romeria) held on Sunday.
Saturday, January 12th
- 8:30 pm - XII Verodal Festival, with the participation of Escola de Danza Vila de Baiona and the Verodal Cultural Association. Presents Eva García. Organized by: Patronato de Cultura y A.C. Verodal
- 11:00 pm - Great Dance with music by the Delicious Orchestra. Place: Plaza del Santísimo Cristo de la Salud
Sunday, January 13th
- 10:00 am - Opening of the craft show. Place: Plaza del Santísimo Cristo de la Salud, Arona.
- 11:00 am - Holy Mass sung by Parranda Chasnera. Place: San Antonio Abad parish. At the end: Traditional Romeria, with the performances of the different municipal folk groups and guests. During the Romeria: Traditional animal blessing. Route: El Calvario, Domínguez Alfonso, La Luna and Duque de la Torre streets.
- 4:00 pm: Great Evening Dance with the orchestras Wamampy and Tropin. Place: Plaza del Santisimo Cristo de la Salud
TRANSPORT FOR THE ROMERÍA IN ARONA
- 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 hours. Departures from Los Cristianos (Av Juan Carlos I, opposite the Infanta Leonor Auditorium) and Playa de las Americas (Av. Noelia Alfonso Cabrera, in front of the Zentral Center hotel) towards Arona.
- 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Departures from Arona, with stops at (Juan Carlos I Avenue, opposite the Infanta Leonor Auditorium) in Los Cristianos, and (Noelia Alfonso Cabrera Ave, in front of the Zentral Center hotel), in Playa de las Americas.