Festival in Honor of San Antonio Abad 2020 in Arona - Tenerife
If you are in Tenerife in January, don't miss the celebration of the fiesta de San Antonio Abad in Arona!
Fiestas en Honor a San Antonio Abad / Festival in Honor of San Antonio Abad: 11 - 19 January 2020
- Location: Arona
There are several religious celebrations that will take during this week and on Saturday night there will be a big party and also a traditional celebration (Romeria) held on Sunday.
Saturday, January 18th
- 8:30 pm - XII Verodal Festival, with the participation of Domingo “El Colorado”, Juan Carlos Pérez Brito, Fabiola Socas, Ciro Corujo y la Asociación Cultural Verodal.. Presents Eva García. Organized by: Patronato de Cultura y A.C. Verodal
- 11:30 pm - 3:30 am - Great Dance with music by the Delicious Orchestra. Place: Plaza del Santísimo Cristo de la Salud
Sunday, January 19th
- 10:00 am - Opening of the craft show. Place: Plaza del Santísimo Cristo de la Salud, Arona.
- 11:00 am - Holy Mass sung by Parranda Chasnera. Place: San Antonio Abad parish. At the end: Traditional Romeria, with the performances of the different municipal folk groups and guests. During the Romeria: Traditional animal blessing. Route: El Calvario, Domínguez Alfonso, La Luna and Duque de la Torre streets.
- 3:30 pm - 10:30 pm: Great Evening Dance with the orchestras Wamampy and TropinLos Teymar. Place: Plaza del Santisimo Cristo de la Salud
You can see more info in the official schedule of the event (available only in Spanish).
TRANSPORT FOR THE ROMERÍA IN ARONA
- 10:00, 11:00, 12:00 hours. Departures from Los Cristianos (Av Juan Carlos I, opposite the Infanta Leonor Auditorium) and Playa de las Americas (Av. Noelia Alfonso Cabrera, in front of the Zentral Center hotel) towards Arona.
- 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Departures from Arona, with stops at (Juan Carlos I Avenue, opposite the Infanta Leonor Auditorium) in Los Cristianos, and (Noelia Alfonso Cabrera Ave, in front of the Zentral Center hotel), in Playa de las Americas.
See what to expect in terms of weather in Tenerife in January
Plan the perfect holiday to Tenerife
Join our Tenerife Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
Book Your Accommodation
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in Tenerife:
- Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife ***** (Playa Paraiso)
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace **** (Playa de Las Americas)
- Barceló Santiago **** (Puerto de Santiago)
If you want more options, you can take a look at the complete list of accommodations in Tenerife!
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
Best Excursions in Tenerife
These are the top 3 excursions we recommend to everyone visiting the island: