FUERTEBIKE 2020 - Mountain Bike Corralejo
FUERTEBIKE 2020 is one of the most important biking events in the Canary Islands, not just Fuerteventura, which this year will reach its 6th edition.
There are in total 850 open spots in the race.
If you want to register to participate you should visit the official website www.fuertebike.net
- Long route - 82 km
- Short route - 52 km
See what to expect in terms of weather in Fuerteventura in September
FUERTEBIKE 2020 will take place on September 5th 2020. Starting & return point: Corralejo, Fuerteventura.
- Time: 09:30
- Starting point: Corralejo Stadium - Vicento Carreno
The info below is from the 2017 edition
Among the participants there are names such as Rocío Gamonal, six times champion of Spain and Gold Medal winner in the World Championship of Mountain Biking; also Brandan Márquez, twice champion of Spain and fourth in the European Championship. Also present will be Rubén Calvo, champion of the I Fuertebike; Javier Ramos, runner-up of the second edition; Abel Sánchez, champion of the last edition.
This year's registrations for the competition have surpassed already the last year's edition, which means that the event is gaining popularity and is now considered an important biking competition in Fuerteventura and the Canary Islands in general.
The race is organized by Columbus Runner Fuer, Ayuntamiento de La Oliva and C. B. Caima. The event consists of two types of tests with different distances. There is a long-distance route, comprising a total of 80 kilometers, which starts at the Vicente Carreno football field (Corralejo), continuing through Lajares, Tindaya and ending at the starting point. There will also be a short stage that has 50 kilometers and carries out the same route but goes to El Roque instead of Tindaya.
- Best apartments in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Modern Apartment (perfect for families) • Apartments in Atlantic Garden Beach Mate (renovated complex with pool)
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Tours & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour