Fuerteventura is celebrating carnival season along all the other Canary Islands, with celebrations in all the major cities and resorts: Corralejo, Caleta de Fuste, Puerto del Rosario, Morro Jable.
Carnival dates are usually announced a few months ahead of the event, which customarily takes place between the months of February and March.
Fuerteventura Carnival Dates 2018
Puerto del Rosario Carnival 2018
- Martes de Carnaval - Carnival Tuesday: 13 February 2018
- Main parade: Saturday, 17 February 2018
13 February 2018 was announced as the official day for the Carnival Tuesday in the capital Puerto del Rosario.
The theme for the Puerto del Rosario Carnival in 2018 will be Music and Shows - Musica y Espectaculos.
Atper usual, the event will consist of several days of party, with music and activities during the day and nights as well.
The actual calendar for the events will be announced at a later date by the Puerto del Rosario City Council.
The carnivals in the popular tourist resorts like Corralejo, Caleta de Fuste and Morro Jable are still to be announced. They are usually held one to two weeks after the carnival in Puerto del Rosario. This year these events might be held earlier compared to last year due to the fact that Easter is also celebrated earlier in 2018.
This page will be updated with more details as soon as we receive more information about celebrations and events in Fuerteventura in 2018.
Corralejo Carnival 2018
- Dates for Corralejo Carnival: 22 February - 10 March 2018
- Carnival theme in Corralejo: Retro Vintage
MAIN EVENTS FOR THE CARNIVAL IN CORRALEJO 2018
- El Pregon: 22 February 2018
- Election of the Carnival Queen: 23 February
- Daytime Carnival: 24 February 2018 / Avda. Ntra. Sra. Del Carmen. From 21:00 the night time party will start with the musical groups Onda Latina, Kandela and Nuevo Klan. In the course of the night there will also be a contest for the best adult costume (individual, couple and group categories). The deliberation of the jury will be at 02h.
- Maraton de murgas: Friday, 2 March 2018
- Coso de carnaval de Corralejo / Main parade in Corralejo: Saturday, 3 March 2018. Starts at 18:30. Coso Carnavalero with all the floats and carnival groups that wish to participate (from roundabout exit behind Baku).
- Burial of the sardine / Entierro de la sardina: Sunday, 4 March 2018. Starts at 19:00 from the Hoplaco roundabout (Avda Ntra Sra del Carmen) to the Muelle Chico with the carnival groups of the municipality
- Daytime Carnival in La Oliva: 10 March 2018
The Retro Vintage theme will allow for participants to let their imagination go wild in putting together outfits with a retro feel.
The poster for the carnival was already chosen and name of the author is Jonas Emanual, a young man from Puerto de la Cruz (Tenerife) who has won this year the competition for 3 posters for the carnivals in Puerto de la Cruz, Icod de los Vinos and La Oliva - Fuerteventura.
Morro Jable Carnival 2018
- Dates for Morro Jable Carnival: 15 February - 3 March 2018
- Carnival theme in Pajara: India
- Costa Calma Carnival: 15 February
- La Lajita Carnival: 16 February
- Pajara Carnival: 17 February
The entire municipality of Pajara will celebrate the carnivals in 2018 with events full of color and indian rhythms, since the theme for next year is obviously... India! So bring you saris, pashminas, or your most colorful dresses and shirts and join in the carnival!
Caleta de Fuste Carnival 2018
- Dates for Caleta de Fuste Carnival: 1 - 11 February 2018
The Carnaval de Antigua will start on the 1st of February in Antigua and it will end on the 11th of February in Caleta de Fuste.
This article will receive constant updates about the Carnivals in Fuerteventura.
Somewhere on the west coast, down south from Cotillo and close to Tefia, lies the small village of Puertito de los Molinos, or El Puertito as some ...
Fuerteventura is well known for its amazing beaches, with hundreds of km of coastline and turquoise waters, but there's so much to do and see around ...
The Tourism office of Puerto del Rosario - Fuerteventura, has announced a new event in the capital of the island called MarEnArt. This event will ...
St. Patrick's Day is usually celebrated in Fuerteventura, especially in the north, in Corralejo, where there is a large community of Irish residents. ...
Every three months, the sleepy village of Tetir fills up with people and energy in order to host the popular Tetir Craft Market, an event that brings ...
A new music festival will be celebrated for the first time this year in Fuerteventura and it will be happening right in the capital of Puerto del ...