Giniginamar - A secluded village in Fuerteventura
Giniginamar is a small village on the southeast coast of Fuerteventura, between Gran Tarajal and Tarajalejo, in the municipality of Tuineje.
From the FV-2 highway, you have to exit on to FV-525 road, a few km south from Gran Tarajal and then follow the course of the road up to Giniginamar.
Most of the houses and villas are located on right, on top of the hill, overlooking the small bay and the beach.
The beach in Giniginamar is around 500 m long, with small pebbles and black sand towards the south end. The bay of Giniginamar is a protected area of high biological interest.
The beach is usually quiet and with low occupancy, just in the summer months, especially during the weekends, locals from the village and nearby towns come here to spend time away from busy tourist areas.
There are a few restaurants in the village, but nothing fancy, just a place to eat a simple local food and watch the world go by.
Giniginamar doesn't get near as many tourists as the big resorts, but you can find private rentals on sites like Airbnb, Holiday Lettings etc.
It's the kind of place for a quiet holiday in Fuerteventura, where you just want to recharge your batteries.
It is nice to visit a place like Giniginamar on an island like Fuerteventura that lives from tourism. The Giniginamar beach is almost always empty and you can have a day of quiet and peace, before returning to the busier resorts.
The clip below was filmed on a Saturday afternoon in September when there were just 3-4 people on the beach. It was very peaceful and relaxing and you could hear the rocks being swept by the ocean each time a wave reached the shore.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Rooftop Terrace Apartment (perfect for couples) • Exclusive Villa with Heated Pool (family villa, ocean view)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Daytrips & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour