Gran Canaria Carnival 2020
Gran Canaria is well known as a great place for partying, so during the Carnival season the island is full of music, energy and colour. Everyone is invited to take part in the festivities and enjoy the free spirit of Gran Canaria!
If you're into partying all night long, then you should definitely considering visiting the island during carnival season.
In 2020 the main events will take place in the capital - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Maspalomas, Mogan and Galdar. Several other municipalities organize their own festivities: Ingenio, Aguimes, Telde, Teror, La Aldea.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival 2020
Dates for the Las Palmas Carnival: February 7th - March 1st 2020
The theme for the carnaval is Once upon a time... You can read more in the page dedicated to the Las Palmas Carnival 2020.
As usual the main events are the big parade and the burial of the sardine, both of them celebrated in the last two days of the carnival.
In 2019 the parade for the carnival in Las Palmas went back to its original route and will leave again from La Isleta. The direction of the route for the parade was modified in 2013, a change that has been maintained until the 2018 edition. Starting with the 2019 carnival, an edition that was organized under the theme "One night in Rio", the queen, the murgas and the comparsas (groups of singers and dancers) began their journey on Juan Rejón street, from the area of Castillo de La Luz, and NOT at the confluence of León and Castillo street with the Plaza de la Feria.
Costa Mogan Carnival 2020
- Dates for the Mogan Carnival: to be announced
- Celebrated in: Arguineguin
- This year the theme for the Carnaval in Costa Mogan has not been announced yet.
Maspalomas Carnival 2020
- Dates for the Maspalomas Carnival: 5 - 15 March
- The theme will be Terror (El Teror) and you can read more about the program for the event in the dedicated page for the Carnival in Maspalomas 2020.
Galdar Carnival 2020
- Dates for the Galdar Carnival: to be announced
- All the festivities will take place in Plaza de Santiago (Santiago Square).
Aguimes Carnival 2020
- Dates for the Aguimes Carnival: February 15th - March 8th 2020
- More info is available in the dedicated page of the event.
- Dates for the Agaete Carnival: to be announced
Telde Carnival 2020
- Dates for the Telde Carnival: 13 - 22 March 2020
- The theme of the party is Paris. Read more info in the dedicated page for carnaval de Telde.
La Aldea Carnival 2020
Dates for the La Aldea de San Nicolas Carnival: to be announced
- Saturday 2 March: to be announced
- Tuesday 5 March: to be announced
- Saturday 9 March: to be announced
- Saturday 16 March: to be announced
- Saturday 23 March: to be announced
The theme for the 2019 carnaval in La Aldea will be annonuced soon.
All of the Canary Islands have their own celebration, with the Carnival in Tenerife being the largest of them all and also the second largest in the world (only after Rio de Janeiro). The people in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura will also be joining in the celebrations, as this is the carnival season in all the islands of the archipelago.