La Gomera Carnivals 2021: San Sebastian & Valle Gran Rey
Planning your next trip to La Gomera?
If you're thinking of a winter escape, why not come and visit the island while it's carnival season?
Although the crowds are not as large as the one in the capital of Tenerife, the atmosphere is still great and that is this party's main attraction.
As usual, the most important celebrations in La Gomera are held in the capital of San Sebastian and in the town of Valle Gran Rey.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in La Gomera.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in La Gomera once again.
San Sebastian de La Gomera Carnival 2021
- The theme for the 2021 Carnival in San Sebastian de La Gomera: -
- Weather averages: see details about the weather in La Gomera in February
EVENTS OF THE CARNIVAL IN LA GOMERA
We will keep the schedule for the past edition until the new schedule of events is announced.
- Gala for Carnival Queen
- Gran Coso del Carnaval
- Carnival Tuesday San Sebastian
- Burial of the Sardine (Entierro de la Sardina)
- Gran Fiesta de Sabado de Pinata
Valle Gran Rey Carnival 2021
The theme and dates for the 2021Valle Gran Rey Carnival have not been announced yet.
We will update this page as soon as the authorities release more information about these events.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, there is a lot of uncertainty regarding next year's carnivals in the Canary Islands.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.