La Gomera Carnivals 2020: San Sebastian & Valle Gran Rey
Planning your next trip to La Gomera?
If you're thinking of a winter escape, why not come and visit the island while it's carnival season?
Although the crowds are not as large as the one in the capital of Tenerife, the atmosphere is still great and that is this party's main attraction.
As usually, the most important celebrations in La Gomera are held in the capital of San Sebastian and in the town of Valle Gran Rey.
San Sebastian de La Gomera Carnival 2020 - starts on February 14th, 2020
- The theme for the 2020 Carnival in San Sebastian de La Gomera is The Sea (El Mar).
- Weather averages: see details about the weather in La Gomera in February
- Presentation of the participants for Carnival Queen - to be announced
- Gran Coso del Carnaval - to be announced
- Carnival Tuesday San Sebastian: to be announced
- Burial of the Sardine (Entierro de la Sardina): to be announced (usually leaves at 8PM from Calle El Tanquito. The night will continue in Plaza de Las Americas with the second edition of Festival Trans Queen de San Sebastián.)
- Daytime Carnival: to be announced
- Gran coso de Sabado de Pinata: to be announced
Earlier in 2019 there was a voting system active in order to help choose a theme for this year's carnival.
From all the themes proposed, the one that received most votes was: "The Sea", while the second classed option was "Africa" and the third "The Cinema".
Valle Gran Rey Carnival 2020: 2 - 8 March
- Dates for the Valle Gran Rey Carnival: March 2nd - March 8th, 2020
The themes proposed for 2020 are: Hawaii-Polinesia; The 80s; TV and TVshows or Star Wars.
Saturday, March 7th, 2020
- La Fiesta de Ritmo y Calor with Las Cangrejeras - Party of Rhythm and Heat with Las Cangrejeras