La Gomera Carnivals 2021: San Sebastian & Valle Gran Rey
Planning your next trip to La Gomera?
If you're thinking of a winter escape, why not come and visit the island while it's carnival season?
Although the crowds are not as large as the one in the capital of Tenerife, the atmosphere is still great and that is this party's main attraction.
As usual, the most important celebrations in La Gomera are held in the capital of San Sebastian and in the town of Valle Gran Rey.
San Sebastian de La Gomera Carnival 2021: To Be Announced
- The theme for the 2021 Carnival in San Sebastian de La Gomera has not been announced yet.
- Weather averages: see details about the weather in La Gomera in February
SCHEDULE FROM THE LAST EDITION OF THE CARNIVAL
We will keep the schedule for the past edition until the new schedule of events is announced.
- Gala for Carnival Queen - Friday, February 21, at 20:30 h in Plaza de Las Americas
- Gran Coso del Carnaval - Saturday, February 22, at 17:30 h
- Carnival Tuesday San Sebastian: Tuesday, February 25 at 19:30 h
- Burial of the Sardine (Entierro de la Sardina): Friday, February 28 at 20:30 h(usually leaves at 8PM from Calle El Tanquito. The night will continue in Plaza de Las Americas with the second edition of Festival Trans Queen de San Sebastián.)
- Gran Fiesta de Sabado de Pinata: Saturday, February 29 - Daytime Carnival, starts at 11:00 h with the Carnival for Kids and continues all day long in Plaza de Las Americas.
Valle Gran Rey Carnival 2021: To Be Announced
The theme and dates for the 2021Valle Gran Rey Carnival have not been announced yet.
We will update this page as soon as the authorities release more information about these events.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, there is a lot of uncertainty regarding next year's carnivals in the Canary Islands.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.