Lanzarote Carnival 2017
Every year, between the months of January and March, Lanzarote is in a festive mood, with all the fiestas and carnivals that are happening around the island.
This year the main events will take place in Arrecife, Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise.
Arrecife Carnival 2017
Dates for the Arrecife Carnival: 18th Feb - 1st March 2017
The theme for the carnaval was voted online and the option of Tribes of the World gained the most votes this year.
More details about the fiestas in Arrecife will be available soon from the authorities.
Puerto del Carmen Carnival 2017
Dates for the Puerto del Carmen Carnival: 2nd - 5th March 2017
This year Puerto del Carmen is celebrating 50 years of existence, so the theme is "The 50s and the 60s". If you're planning on participating you can bring an outfit corresponding to this iconic period of time.
Playa Blanca Carnival 2017
Dates for the Playa Blanca Carnival: 24th - 26th March 2017
This will be the last party in the series and it will last for 3 days.
The theme will be The Marine World, as the first underwater museum in Europe has recently been open to the public in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.
24 March: Gran Opening of the Carnival at 21:00.
25 March: On Saturday will take place the big parade of Playa Blanca starting at 18:00 from Playa Flamingo towards Plaza de la Nuestra Senora del Carmen.
26 March: from 13:30 Day Time Carnival in Plaza de la Nuestra Senora del Carmen. From 20:00 - Drag Queen Gala.
Costa Teguise Carnival 2017
Date for the Costa Teguise Carnival: 10th March - 12th March 2017
The party in Costa Teguise will only last a day and it's considered to be the carnival also for the town of Teguise.
The theme will be Cuba! A todo ritmo! so you can expect a lot of color and latino rhythms.
The island of La Graciosa will have its own celebration between 24th March - 26th March 2017.
All of the Canary Islands have their own celebration, with the Carnival in Tenerife being the largest of them all and also the second largest in the world (only after Rio de Janeiro). It's great to participate at this type of events, since you can party with the locals and see the true spirit of the island.
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Lanzarote: Playa Blanca Romantic Villa (private pool) • Puerto del Carmen Premium Apartment (lovely terrace)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour