Lanzarote Carnival 2021 ✔️ Will there be a carnival in 2021?
Carnival season is a popular time for the Canary Islands in general - all the islands have big parties during this time and it's a great atmosphere for tourists.
The carnivals usually take place between the months of February and March each year.
It's a great time to be on the island, so don't miss the occasion to participate in any of these events. People get dressed up, wear makeup, drink and party all night long, tourists and locals alike.
Carnivals in Lanzarote 2021
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Lanzarote.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Lanzarote once again.
Will there be any carnivals in Lanzarote in 2021?
- Puerto del Carmen: -
- Playa Blanca: -
- Costa Teguise: -
- Arrecife: 6 - 17 February 2021
- San Bartolome: -
- Tinajo: -
- Haria: -
- La Graciosa: -
In the case of Arrecife, the municipality had already announced the dates for 2021 since early last year, and it hasn't officially canceled the event up until now, despite the increase in the number of cases in Lanzarote. However, we don't think that the carnival will take place in February of 2021 in its usual format, with big crowds on the streets, due to the current restrictions imposed by the authorities.
Each municipality organizes its own carnival, so you have plenty of opportunities to experience a carnival fiesta in Lanzarote during your holiday. Each carnival lasts for several days and they usually don't overlap. There is even a carnival organized on the small island of La Graciosa.
Scroll down to the end of the article to see also the dates for the main parade in each town or resort.
Puerto del Carmen Carnival 2021
- Dates for Puerto del Carmen Carnival: -
- Carnival theme in Puerto del Carmen: -
- See more info on the page dedicated to the carnival in Puerto del Carmen
Costa Teguise Carnival 2021
- Dates for Costa Teguise Carnival: -
- Carnival theme in Costa Teguise: -
Playa Blanca Carnival 2021
- Dates for Playa Blanca Carnival: -
- Carnival theme in Playa Blanca: -
San Bartolome (Playa Honda) Carnival 2021
- Dates for Playa Honda: -
- Theme: -
Arrecife Carnival 2021
- Dates for Arrecife Carnival: 6 - 17 February 2021
- Carnival theme in Arrecife: -
- See more info in the page dedicated to Arrecife Carnival
The carnival is a really fun time to be in Lanzarote, as there are lots of parades and street parties and it's a festive atmosphere all over the place. If you really want to immerse yourself in the spirit of the carnival in Lanzarote, then we would recommend getting a costume, even a simple one and blend in with the locals.
Carnival Parade in Lanzarote
The parades are mentioned in chronological order.
- Arrecife –
- Playa Honda –
- Puerto del Carmen –
- Haria –
- Costa Teguise –
- Tinajo –
- Playa Blanca –
- La Graciosa –
If you're on the island during the events, here's a list of things to do in Lanzarote to give you some ideas of what you can see and explore during the daytime.
- Best Villas & Apartments in Lanzarote: Apartamentos Fariones (Puerto del Carmen) • Villas Puerto Rubicon (Playa Blanca)
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour