Lanzarote Weather in July - Ideal for a Hot Summer Holiday
July is the month when temperatures start to rise well above 30°C constantly during the daytime, although July is not the warmest month of the year. That prize is reserved for August, which is the hottest month in Lanzarote, but July is not so far behind in terms of high temperatures and sunshine hours.
July is a busy month in Lanzarote when families with children on school holiday come to the island for their summer holiday. This means that you can expect crowds at most places to visit, busy beaches, full hotels and a daily race to reserve sunbeds around the pool. This usually comes on top of slightly higher prices compared to previous months, but beach weather is almost guaranteed, so you can be sure you'll go back with a tan.
Weather in Lanzarote in July
There are three main things you need to know about the weather in Lanzarote in July:
- Temperatures are high on most days, around 28-30°C during the day, so being by the beach is mandatory if you want to cool down by swimming in the ocean
- July is right in the middle of trade winds season, so you can expect strong gusts of wind throughout the month. The wind actually helps with the "real feel" temperature, since on most days it would be too hot to stay outside during the afternoons
- Lanzarote can be cloudy sometimes in July, especially inland. Although the coast is not as cloudy as the inland, the cloud coverage average for July is 30%. But even if some days are cloudy, you will still get a tan, because the sun shines stronger in the Canaries due to their closeness to the Equator.
Please remember to wear high factor sun cream in July, since you can quickly get a bad sunburn at this time of the year. Lanzarote is located just north of the Tropic of Cancer, which means that the sun's rays are much stronger than in other places in continental Europe which are also hot at this time of the year.
Temperatures in Lanzarote in July
Is Lanzarote hot in July?
The average high temperature in July in Lanzarote is around 28°C, while at night you can expect temperatures of around 20°C. This is a big increase from June temperatures in Lanzarote when the average daytime high temperature is usually around 26°C, so this means a 2°C increase for July.
- Average high temperature: 28.2°C (82.8°F)
- Average low temperature: 20.4°C (68.7°F)
- Daily mean temperature: 24.3°C (75.7°F)
In Lanzarote, the daily mean temperature is 24.3°C (75.7°F) in July, which is calculated as a mean between the average high temperature of 28.2°C (82.8°F) and the average low of 20.4°C (68.7°F).
Record low & record high temperatures
The highest temperature ever recorded in Lanzarote in July (at Airport station) was 42.9°C and the lowest was 15.4°C.
Since the island is mostly flat, the temperatures stay pretty much the same across all major resorts in Lanzarote: Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise.
- Average rainy days (>=1mm): 0
Does it rain in Lanzarote in July?
July is usually a dry month in Lanzarote, with no rainfall and no rainy days. So July is a good month to be in Lanzarote if you want to escape the wet weather back home.
- Monthly hours of sunshine: 308
Is Lanzarote sunny in July?
Lanzarote gets an average of 10 hours of sunshine per day in July, which means that the days are long and will allow you to explore Lanzarote, as well as spend time on the beach or by the pool, just relaxing and taking advantage of the warm sun.
- Average sea temperature in July in Puerto del Carmen: 21.3°C / 70.3°F
Can you swim in Lanzarote in July?
With an average of 21.3°C / 70.3°F, the sea will be your best friend to cool down during those long hot days.
You can definitely swim in the sea in July in Lanzarote and you can expect the pools to be warm as well, which is great if you plan to spend more time around your hotel or apartment complex.
Things to do in Lanzarote in July
Summer in Lanzarote is all about the beach time and making the most of the hot weather and warm ocean.
Go to Playas Papagayo
Here you have a collection of equally amazing beaches, and if you're a beach fan like us, you can come over several times so you can enjoy and explore all of them. Turquoise waters and fine sand is what defines these beaches, which is why they are super popular with locals and tourists as well. This means that you have to come here early if you want to find a parking place in July, which is one of the busiest months.
Caleton Blanco - White sand and hidden coves
The beaches in the north of Lanzarote are not as popular as the ones in the resorts or the ones in the south, which we mentioned previously. So if you want a bit of privacy and adventure, hire a car and go north!
You will find sand so white that it looks almost unreal in the broad daylight and you can explore the little coves along the coast until you find the perfect spot for you.
Events in July
Fiesta de Nuestra Senora del Carmen
This is a big event in Lanzarote, celebrated over two weeks in Puerto del Carmen in Plaza del Varadero.
LANZAROTE WEATHER - MONTHLY REPORTS
- Best Apartments & Villas in Lanzarote: Playa Blanca Romantic Villa (private pool) • Puerto del Carmen Premium Apartment (lovely terrace)
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour