Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival 2018
Gran Canaria has announced the dates and more details regarding the carnival in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, including the theme and the competition for the poster.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival Dates: 26 January - 18 February 2018
Carnival theme for the event in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: Magic and fantastic creatures
The theme for the 2018 event was chosen by public vote on the online platform of the carnival and the options were: Fabulous Las Vegas (2nd place, 1635 votes), Once upon a time (1094 votes), Around the world in 80 Days (931 votes), The Distant Orient (788 votes) and the winner theme - Magic and fantastic creatures with 2146 votes, out of the 6594 total.
Schedule and main events:
- 26 January:
pening night at 21:00
- February 1st:
Adult Costume Competition at 21:00 h
- 3 February:
Vegueta Carnival at 12:00 h
- 4 February:
Canine Carnival at 12:00 h
- 9 February:
Queen Gala at 21:00 h - tonight the carnival will choose its Queen for the year
- 10 February:
Carnival in the sun - daytime fiesta 17:00 h, followed by Drag Queen preselection at 21:00 h
- 11 February:
Daytime Carnival in Santa Catalina 12:00 h
- 12 February:
Traditional Carnival 17:00 h and Drag Queen Gala at 21:00 h
- 17 February:
Main Carnival Parade in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 17:00 h
- 18 February:
The Burial of the Sardine 19:00
The winner for the competition for the poster of the carnival has ended and the winning poster has a giant dragon as the main focus point, as a symbol for the fantastic creatures in the theme.
See info about the latest edition of the carnival in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour