Las Palmas is expecting the arrival of 5 cruise ships during the first weekend of 2020
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is expecting the visit of 5 large cruise ships during the first weekend of 2020, between Saturday, January 4th, and Sunday, January 5th. The 5 ships expected in the capital of Gran Canaria are the AIDAnova, Marella Explorer, Zenith, AIDAstella and Mein Schiff.
After the visit of the first cruise ships of the year, Mein Schiff Herz (from TUI Cruises, consigned to Hamilton & Cía) and Magellan (from Cruise & Maritime Voyages, consigned to Incargo), last Wednesday, January 1st, this weekend is again full of tourist activity on the Santa Catalina pier, with the arrival of 5 large cruise ships between Saturday and Sunday.
Thus, on Saturday, January 4th, Las Palmas is expecting the arrival of AIDAnova, Marella Explorer (from Marella Cruises, consigned to Intercruises) and Zenith. And on Sunday 5, coinciding with the arrival of the Three Kings from the Orient, the city awaits another AIDA (the AIDAstella, also consigned by Pérez & Cía) and the Mein Schiff 3 (also from TUI and consigned by Hamilton & Cía ).
Passengers arriving during the weekend, in addition to enjoying the usual traditional performances scheduled in Santa Catalina (Saturday, at 11:00 a.m.), at the Vegueta Artisan Market (Sunday, at 12:00 p.m.) and in the Pueblo Canario (on Sunday, at 12:00 noon), will also be able to continue enjoying the Christmas spirit with a visit to the nativity scenes and craft markets (the San Telmo Fair and the Mesa y López Christmas market).
Next week, cruise ships will continue to arrive at the Port of Las Palmas in a month of intense activity. The next cruise scheduled to arrive at the Santa Catalina Pier will be the Ocean Majesty, on Tuesday, January 7th, a ship of Majestic International Cruises, consigned by Bergé Marítima.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour