Los Cristianos Market in Tenerife - Days, Times & Location
Los Cristianos market is the largest market in the south of Tenerife and here you'll find almost anything you can imagine, from clothes, souvenirs, decorative items, cosmetics and much more. We'll let you know what are the days and times when the market in Los Cristianos is on, as well as what you can find there.
Los Cristianos Market - Every Tuesday and Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm
- Location: Avenida Juan Carlos I, 38650
It usually gets very crowded so be careful with your personal belongings.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of pickpockets around and you shouldn't keep your purse where it can easily be grabbed.
What you can buy at the market in Los Cristianos
- Aloe vera products
- Handbags and accessories
- Beach towels
- Leather products
- Handmade items
Also, you should know that many stalls sell fake goods: from bags, sunglasses, watches and up to clothing items. In case you want to buy these types of things, you should definitely haggle before you agree to pay. Most of the sellers have inflated prices and when buying at this market you should always negotiate first.
Our opinion about Los Cristianos Market
Compared to other similar markets in the Canaries, we did not like Los Cristianos market very much. It's very crowded and the stalls are cramped, so it's very difficult to walk around in peace while looking at what's on display.
However, the market in Los Cristianos is the most popular tourist market in Tenerife and many visitors seem to enjoy it.
If it's your first time in Tenerife, then you should go and look around, maybe you'll find something interesting to buy. Maybe our expectations were too high, but for the most part, we did not like it very much because we're not big fans of crowded places.
If you're staying in the area and you are curious to see what the market it's about, then I recommend you go, even if only for the purpose of buying some souvenirs to take back home. But if you're not staying in Los Cristianos or anywhere nearby, I don't really think this market is worth the trip. You would be better off exploring Los Cristianos and its surroundings.
Advice if you plan to go to the market in Los Cristianos
Arrive there early before the crowds. Try to arrive there when it opens if possible. You'll be able to look at the stalls at least 2 times faster, without someone stepping on your tows at each turn. And when you're done with the shopping and the perusing around the stalls, just sit down at one of the nearby cafes to enjoy a well-deserved drink.
And if shopping is what you're looking for, then you should read more about shopping in Tenerife.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour