Dates for the 2018 Carnival in Los Gigantes: 23 February - 4 March 2018
- The theme for the 2018 carnival in Los Gigantes is Fantasy.
Controversy regarding the poster for the 2018 carnival
In the month of November 2017 the winner of the competition for the carnival's poster was announced, and the prize was of 500 Euros.
However, soon after the poster was announced, it was revealed that the author may have stolen various images and illustrations of other designers and used their work without approval in order to create the poster and win the prize. We haven't seen yet any official reactions to these allegations and it wasn't announced yet if the poster will remain the same or if it will be changed.
Update regarding the poster for the carnaval
Ayuntamiento de Santiago del Teide has announced that the winner had retracted his submission and the poster is now annulled. Probably another winner will be chosen soon.
MAIN EVENTS DURING THE CARNIVAL IN LOS GIGANTES 2018:
- Election of the Carnival Queen: Friday, 23 March at 9pm
- Grand Carnival Parade - Sunday, 25 February at 5pm with the participation of all the carnival groups
- Kids Carnival - Wednesday, 28 February at 4:30pm. Carnival afternoon with bouncy castles, workshops and musical performances.
- Drag Queen Gala - Thursday, 1 March at 9:30pm
- Burial of the sardine - Friday, 2 March at 9 PM
- Daytime Carnival in Los Gigantes 2018 - Saturday, 3 March. Starts at 12PM and goes on through the entire day and night. Various musical groups and DJs will be there for the party.