Los Gigantes Carnival 2021
Los Gigantes usually celebrates its carnival later than other municipalities in Tenerife. One can usually calculate the dates for the carnival in Los Gigantes by looking at the schedule for the main carnival in Santa Cruz.
The start of the carnival in Los Gigantes is usually on the second Friday after the big parade in Santa Cruz (which is always on Shrove Tuesday). In 2021 Shrove Tuesday will be on February 16th, which means that the fiesta in Los Gigantes should start on February 26th.
Dates for the Carnival in Los Gigantes: 26 - 28 February 2021
The Ayuntamiento for the municipality of Santiago del Teide has just revealed the poster for the Carnival of Los Gigantes 2021, created by the Tenerife artist Jonás Emanuel - illustrator.
The poster represents a tribute to the 40-year history of the carnival in Los Gigantes, the oldest in the south of Tenerife.
The council will soon also announce this year's program of events, which will take place from February 26 to 28, always adapted to the sanitary measures and restrictions in place.
We will update this page as soon as the program of events is announced for the 2021 edition.
The main events during Los Gigantes Carnival:
- Election of the Carnival Queen -
- Grand Carnival Parade -
- Elders Carnival -
- Drag Queen Gala -
- Burial of the sardine -
- Daytime Carnival in Los Gigantes -
What you can expect in terms of weather
Los Gigantes Carnival Previous Editions
- 2020 edition: 6 - 14 March
- 2020 theme: 1001 Nights
- 2019 Edition: 15 March - 23 March
- 2019 theme was Gods of Olympus
- 2018 Edition: 23 February - 4 March 2018
- 2018 theme was Fantasy
In 2018 there was a controversy regarding the poster, since it was revealed that the author may have stolen various images and illustrations of other designers and used their work without approval in order to create the poster and win the prize. Later on the City Council of Santiago del Teide has announced that the winner had retracted his submission and the poster is now annulled.
- Best Apartments in Tenerife: Kn Aparthotel Columbus (Playa de Las Americas) • Aparthotel Los Dragos del Sur (Puerto de Santiago)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour