Los Gigantes Carnival 2021
Los Gigantes usually celebrates its carnival later than other municipalities in Tenerife. One can usually calculate the dates for the carnival in Los Gigantes by looking at the schedule for the main carnival in Santa Cruz.
The start of the carnival in Los Gigantes is usually on the second Friday after the big parade in Santa Cruz (which is always on Shrove Tuesday). In 2021 Shrove Tuesday will be on February 16th, which means that the fiesta in Los Gigantes should start on February 26th.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many of the carnivals in the Canary Islands have been cancelled or suspended, including the big carnival in Santa Cruz.
These dates are calculated based on previous editions, but there is no official announcement regarding the 2021 carnivals in Los Gigantes. We don't know yet for sure if the carnival will go ahead, as usual, or not.
We will update this page as soon as we know something official.
Dates for the 2021 Carnival in Los Gigantes: 26 February - 6 March 2021
These dates are calculated based on the dates of past editions of the carnival and have not been confirmed yet by the local council. In case there are any changes, we will update this article.
- The theme: -
- What to do in Los Gigantes
The main events during Los Gigantes Carnival 2021:
- Election of the Carnival Queen - 26 February
- Grand Carnival Parade - 28 February
- Elders Carnival -
- Drag Queen Gala - 4 March
- Burial of the sardine - 5 March
- Daytime Carnival in Los Gigantes - 6 March
The full schedule of events for the 2021 carnival in Los Gigantes has not been announced yet, but we will update this page as soon as it is available.
What you can expect in terms of weather
Los Gigantes Carnival Previous Editions
- 2020 edition: 6 - 14 March
- 2020 theme: 1001 Nights
- 2019 Edition: 15 March - 23 March
- 2019 theme was Gods of Olympus
- 2018 Edition: 23 February - 4 March 2018
- 2018 theme was Fantasy
In 2018 there was a controversy regarding the poster, since it was revealed that the author may have stolen various images and illustrations of other designers and used their work without approval in order to create the poster and win the prize. Later on the City Council of Santiago del Teide has announced that the winner had retracted his submission and the poster is now annulled.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour