Maspalomas Dunes recover the dreamy looks they had 50 years ago
Let's also share some positive news, among all this panic and chaos. We will try to find some good news to share from the Canary Islands, from Spain and the entire world, so we can keep up the hope.
April 30, 2020 - POSITIVE NEWS CANARY ISLANDS
1. Maspalomas Dunes in Gran Canaria recover the dreamy looks they had 50 years ago. The absence of people has had positive effects on the landscape situated in the south of Gran Canaria and has helped the Masdunas project, which is a unique plan for the environmental restoration of the Maspalomas dunes system. (Cabildo de Gran Canaria)
2. El Tecina Golf, on La Gomera, the first sports facility to open in Spain. El Tecina Golf will be the first sports facility and specifically the first Spanish golf course to open its doors this Monday, after the start of the de-escalation, which will directly take place in phase 1 on the island of La Gomera. (Diario de Avisos)
3. The Government believes that the entire Canary Islands archipelago will be in phase 1 on May 11. The spokesman for the Canary Islands Government, Julio Pérez, has affirmed this Thursday that the five Canary Islands that do not start the de-escalation next Monday, meet the rates required by the central government to start phase one on May 11. (Canarias 7)
4. The Spanish airline Volotea plans to open in 2021 bases in Tenerife and Gran Canaria. The Spanish airline Volotea plans to open bases in Tenerife and Gran Canaria in 2021 after the agreement signed with Iberia to operate certain routes at national airports. (Diario de Avisos)
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.