Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas Weather in February
Planning to come on holiday to Maspalomas in February?
The weather is what can make or break a long awaited holiday, so better check the weather forecast before deciding which month to book for your next trip to Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
Weather averages for February in Maspalomas & Playa del Ingles
- RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE: 27 °C
- AVERAGE HIGH TEMPERATURE: 20 °C
- DAILY MEAN TEMPERATURE: 17 °C
- AVERAGE LOW TEMPERATURE: 14 °C
- RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE: 10.7 °C
- AVERAGE RAINFALL: 29 mm
- MEAN MONTHLY SUNSHINE HOURS: 198
- MEAN DAILY SUNSHINE HOURS: 7
- PERCENT POSSIBLE SUNSHINE: 64
- MEAN MONTHLY DAYLIGHT HOURS: 311
- MEAN DAILY SUNSHINE HOURS: 11
- ULTRAVIOLET INDEX: 6
- SEA TEMPERATURE: 19 °C
What is the weather like in Maspalomas in February
Weather in February is similar to January, although you can expect to see a bit more rain this month compared to the first month of the year.
Sunbathing is possible in February in Maspalomas, the ocean is too cold for most people to enjoy swimming in it.
- The average temperature is 18°C, which is a mean value calculated between the average high temperature during the daytime of 20 °C and the average low temperature of 14 °C.
So the daily mean temperature is identical in February and January.
Packing tip for February: bring at least a jacket and a cardigan with you as the nights can be quite chilly.
January and February are usually the coldest months in Maspalomas and Gran Canaria in general, but the weather is still much warmer than in the rest of Europe.
- The average rainfall in February: 29 mm
February is 3rd month in terms of the most precipitation, coming just after the months of December and November.
Average sea temperature
- Average sea temperature in February: 19°C
February is one of the coldest months for swimming in Maspalomas, along with January, March and April, all situated at 19°C.
Our recommendation is to book somewhere with a heated pool during February, because this way you will be able to enjoy swimming no matter what temperature the ocean is.
Average sunshine and average daylight
- Daily hours of daylight: 11
- Daily hours of sunshine: 7
With 11 hours of daylight and 7 hours of sun on average per day, February is one of the months with the shortest days. But keep in mind that it's still the winter season here as well, so for a winter month we'd say these numbers are pretty good.
Also, in February you have 64% chances of seeing the sun each day, which means that you will be able to enjoy the sun most of the time.
Average UV Index
- UV Index in February: 6
The UV index is at a relatively low level in February in Maspalomas, but you should still use a sun lotion when you are out and about (not only on the beach).
Should you come on holiday to Playa del Ingles or Maspalomas in February?
Although similar to January the month of February is one of the coldest months in the Canary Islands, the weather will be considerably warmer than back home in continental Europe. Even if it rains, even if you get a day or two of storms, the weather stays fairly warm throughout February and you can sunbathe on most days.
In any case, if what you're looking is to escape the freezing cold back home, Maspalomas, situated in the south of Gran Canaria, might be one the best choices. The south of the island is sunnier and warmer, so Maspalomas enjoys warmer weather compared to the center of Gran Canaria, where there are high mountains where it can even snow sometimes (a rare phenomenon).
Maybe these articles will help you reach a decision
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour