Monarch airline ceases trading. UK customers should not go to the airport
Latest announcement about Monarch airline posted on their Facebook page, which is no longer being monitored:
We are sorry to announce that Monarch has suspended flights and holidays. Please check the new website monarch.caa.co.uk for further advice and information.
If you are currently abroad and due to fly back in the next fortnight you will be brought back to the UK at no cost. Please check monarch.caa.co.uk for details of your new flights which will be available a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
Monarch customers in the UK: don’t go to the airport. There will be no more Monarch flights.
As of 2 October 2017, all future holidays and flights provided by Monarch have been cancelled and are no longer operating.
Everyone due to fly back to the UK in the next 2 weeks will be brought back home at no extra cost and holidays will not have to be cut short.
24-hour helpline for those affected by the Monarch situation:
- 0300 303 2800 - from the UK & Ireland
- +44 1753 330330 from other countries
A lot of clients with flights to the Canary Islands were affected by this unfortunate situation, as they were operating flights to all of the major islands in the archipelago.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.