Oasis Park Fuerteventura - Our impressions, online tickets and shows
Oasis Park is situated in the town of La Lajita, in the south of the island. You can get here by car or by bus, since the park has its own shuttle that stops at the big hotels on the island.
The park is a Zoo combined with a Botanical Garden specialized in tropical and sub tropical plants, cactus plants and also succulents.
How to get to Oasis Park Fuerteventura
Drive there yourself
If you have a rental car you can easily drive to the park from any parts of the island. There is a big car parking available free of charge and also a bicycle stand, for visitors that come here with a bike.
Driving distance to Oasis Park Fuerteventura:
- from El Cotillo 82 km; 1 h 20 minutes drive
- from Corralejo 83 km; 1 h 20 minutes drive
- from Puerto del Rosario 60 km; 52 minutes drive
- from Caleta de Fuste 47 km; 40 minutes drive
- from Costa Calma 10 km; 10 minutes drive
- from Morro Jable 30 km; 30 minutes drive
Use the park's free shuttle bus
If you don't have a car, then you can take the free shuttle provided by the park. The buses have routes from Caleta de Fuste, Corralejo, Costa Calma, Jandia, Esquinzo and El Cotillo.
No matter which type of transfer you choose, you can book your tickets online before your arrival and save time on the day of your visit. This way you will skip the line at the ticket office when you arrive and the prices online are the same as if you would buy the tickets at the park.
The ticket includes:
- Bus transfers
- Free access to 4 entertaining and educational live animal shows (reptiles, sea lions, birds of prey and parrots)
- Free access to the Botanical Garden
Fuerteventura Zoo has around 3000 animals from 250 species and if you want to feed the animals, for around 2 € you can buy small bags with the appropriate food for each animal. Please do not feed the animals with snacks or other types of foods that might harm them. The food packets that the park sells have reasonable prices and this way both the kids and the animals will be happy and safe.
Attractions and shows in Oasis Park Fuerteventura
There are 4 shows that happen 2 times a day each, so if you want to see all 4 you should arrive here in the morning.
The shows now include The Parrots Show, Sea Lions Live, Fauna Live (reptiles) and Birds of Prey Show, which has the most amazing views towards the ocean.
If you arrive in the morning the best order to see all the shows and the park is to attend The Parrot Show at 11:15 am, then go straight to the Sea Lions Show at 12 pm and then The Birds of Prey show at 14:30.
The shows take around 30 minutes each and you will have time to visit the animals and walk around the Botanical Garden until the 14:30 bird's of prey show.
Fuerteventura Zoo is very large and it is a lot to walk around in order to see all the animals and shows.
Other things you can do in Oasis Park include Camel Safari, Lemurs Interaction and Sea Lions Interaction, but you will have to pay a separate fee for each of them. You can pay at the park or you can book your online ticket directly to include the experience that you would like to do.
See more recommended activities to do with the kids during your family holiday in Fuerteventura
On Sundays there is a Agro-Artisan Oasis Park Market which is open between 9 am and 2 pm. The access to the market is free, so you can come here for typical Canarian and Majorero food and also handmade souvenirs and crafts specific to the island.
Oasis Park Fuerteventura is a beautiful park to visit, set in a wonderful location and one of the main attractions on the island. Kids will love the place and it is nice a day trip if you are on a family vacation.
You should take into consideration that the park is large and it is a lot to walk around, so you should get here in the morning if you want to see everything it has to offer.
The park has 3 restaurants available, with plenty of space and tables for the visitors.
We chose to eat at El Patio Majorero, the restaurant situated close to the Birds of prey show. The food arrived quickly and we tried the goat meat, hamburgers and also tortilla. It was a fine meal, good quality food for a restaurant situated in a zoo park. It was nice to take a break from all the walking and rest for a few moments.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Rooftop Terrace Apartment (perfect for couples) • Exclusive Villa with Heated Pool (family villa, ocean view)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Daytrips & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour