Authorities in Santa Cruz de Tenerife plan to modernize Playa de Las Teresitas
The Council of Urbanism of the City of Santa Cruz de Tenerife has approved a new plan regarding the improvement of the Las Teresitas Beach, in an effort to develop this part of the coastline. The document is not definitive yet and it still needs to be debated within the next 45 days. If this process runs smoothly and without interference, the final plan might be approved definitively within 3 months.
So what is included in the Management plan for updating the beach front of Las Teresitas Beach?
The authorities are planning to build an urban park in this area, with new and modern parking spaces. The plan also includes an update of the road network, for a better access to the new amenities and the beach also.
The new park will feature sporting equipment and will occupy an area of approximately 37,000 m2.
The goal is to bring the park, the new beach front and the beach itself together, by offering tourists and locals a great experience and easy access to all the facilities.
The future park Las Teresitas is supposed to have different types of activities along its entire length, in order to keep visitors interested and provide a nice experience while walking along the beach.
This plan of updating Playa de Las Teresitas has been under debate since August 2016 and will probably be approved definitively within 3 months, starting January 2017.
Source: Santa Cruz de Tenerife Ayuntamiento
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour