Playa Paraiso, Tenerife - Things To Do & Travel Guide
Playa Paraiso is a quiet and chilled place in Tenerife South, close enough to grab a taxi to the more popular resorts if you want to go for a night of fun, but far enough to enjoy a tranquil holiday in the sun.
Popular hotels in Playa Paraiso, Tenerife - Where to stay
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje
- Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel RIU Buenavista
- Roca Nivaria Gran Hotel
Although a small resort compared to Playa de Las Americas, Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos, Playa Paraiso is home to some big and popular hotels, especially for those looking to spend most of their time enjoying the facilities the hotel has to offer.
Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife is the newest addition in the chain of big hotels in the resort and it's the place to stay in Playa Paraiso if you're also looking for some nighttime entertainment, as they have theme nights like the popular Children of the '80s night. The Hard Rock Hotel has quickly gained a lot of popularity and is now among the most popular luxury hotels in Tenerife, due to its amazing entertainment, exquisite restaurants and top SPA facilities.
Beaches in Playa Paraiso
Although the beaches in Playa Paraiso are not the best you'll find in Tenerife, you still have easy access to 3 small beaches:
- Playa Las Galgas - small little cove, close to the Hard Rock Hotel. It's a rocky beach, in a really unique natural landscape, between large rock walls of yellowish color. There are no facilities here and no beach bar or restaurant. The place is beautiful but be careful while swimming, as the rip currents can be strong and dangerous.
- Playa El Pinque - another small beach with a rocky shore, right next to the Beach Club of Hard Rock Hotel.
- Playa Las Salinas - A small and laid back beach, from where you get a gorgeous view of the sunset in Tenerife. At low tide, you can see various sea creatures under the stones like crabs or starfish.
What to do in Playa Paraiso
Besides enjoying your hotel's facilities and the bars and beaches in town, you can easily explore the surroundings on foot.
A small and still undeveloped beach in Tenerife, that can be reached on foot from Playa Paraiso, although the road back might prove more difficult as you'll have to climb back to Playa Paraiso.
If you have a car it's only a few minutes away driving.
Another small nearby resort, that you could reach in 15 minutes by car.
Playa Diego Hernandez
A beautiful and wild nudist beach in Tenerife, where you have to walk along the coast following the trail leaving from El Puertito.
It's a really gorgeous place and surprisingly popular, but you need to bring your own drinks and snacks, as it's completely undeveloped and you won't find any bars or restaurants there.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour