Puerto del Carmen Carnival 2020 - Lanzarote
Are you visiting Puerto del Carmen in Lanzarote during the carnival season?
If so, then be sure not to miss the carnival which is a beautiful way to experience the local culture and have a bit of fun while you're on holiday in Lanzarote.
We now know the dates and theme for the 2020 Carnival in Puerto del Carmen, as well as the schedule for the events that will take place.
Puerto del Carmen Carnival 2020 Dates: February 27th - March 1st, 2020
- Carnival theme: Lion King (El Rey Leon)
In 2020, the theme in the municipality of Tias will be Lion King, so bring your African inspired costume and come into the urban jungle!
"The Lion King" and the natural world that surrounds this animated film and the subsequent musical will be the main protagonists of the Carnival in Puerto del Carmen in 2020.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - Puerto del Carmen Carnival in 2020
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27th
- 8 PM - Grand show of the Carnival in the Harbour Old Town
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28th
- 9:30 PM - Don Patricio in concert in the Harbour Old Town. Afterwards, open-air dance with DJ Angel Perez.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29TH
- 5:00 PM - Grand Carnival Parade Puerto del Carmen 2020 on Avenida de las Playas from the Barcarola to the vicinity of the Fariones Playa Aparthotel.
- 9:00 PM - Open Air Dance in Harbour Old Town with several music bands.
SUNDAY, MARCH 1st
- 11:00 - Children Carnival Parade at the end of the Calle Teide to the Harbour Old Town
- 11:30 - Inflatable children mats
- 12:00 - Midday Carnival in Harbour Old Town with several music groups.
Here's a glimpse of the Carnival in Puerto del Carmen from a few years ago: