Puerto del Carmen Market in Lanzarote (Old Town Harbour Market)
Puerto del Carmen is probably Lanzarote's busiest resort, situated very close to the airport and to the island's capital - Arrecife. If you're staying in Puerto del Carmen and you want to do some holiday shopping, don't miss the local market organized in Varadero square.
UPDATE: Puerto del Carmen Market Temporarily Suspended
Puerto del Carmen market is temporarily canceled due to a lack of payment. The City Council of Tías has terminated the contract with the concession company, which now has an outstanding debt that exceeds 440,000 euros.
If the market restarts operations again, we will update this page with the new details.
Puerto del Carmen Market, Lanzarote: Every Friday
- Schedule: Every Friday
- Time: 10:00 - 14:00 h
- Location: Old Town Harbour (Plaza del Varadero)
Similar to other markets in Lanzarote, here you can find the usual local products: from Lanzarote wine to handicrafts, jewelry with lava stones, magnets, and other souvenirs, plus the usual knock off products.
The market in Puerto del Carmen is considerably smaller than the one in Teguise and also smaller than the one in Playa Blanca.
It does get busy on the market day around the harbor, but it's not as crowded as the other two mentioned before. You don't need more than one hour to look at the stalls and you won't get tired just by walking around to see everything like it's the case with the market in Teguise.
The lovely thing about the market in Puerto del Carmen is that it's surrounded by bars and restaurants, so you can just sit down for a drink after you're all done with all the shopping.
Negotiate before buying, as the prices are sometimes higher than they should be and you could be paying more than you would in a proper shop.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Lanzarote: Playa Blanca Romantic Villa (private pool) • Puerto del Carmen Premium Apartment (lovely terrace)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour
FAQ about the market in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
Yes, the market is held in Plaza del Varadero and it's a lovely way to spend a morning while on holiday.
The market is held every Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.