Red warning for extreme heat tomorrow in Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria
AEMET, the State Meteorological Agency in Spain, has issued a warning for extreme heat tomorrow in the following Canary Islands: Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.
This means that the maximum temperature can reach up to 40 ºC, which is why the Department of Public Health has issued a warning starting tomorrow morning, August 26th, that will be in effect until Friday, August 28th.
Red warning for high temperatures on Wednesday, August 26
Which will be the most affected areas?
- Gran Canaria - East, south and west of Gran Canaria. Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas and midlands of the south and west
- Lanzarote - Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas.
- Fuerteventura - Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas.
The rest of the islands will also experience high temperatures, with the maximum temperature reaching up to 37 ºC, especially inland.
As a consequence of the high temperatures, there is still a high risk of forest fires in Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro and Gran Canaria.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.