Red warning for extreme heat tomorrow in Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria
AEMET, the State Meteorological Agency in Spain, has issued a warning for extreme heat tomorrow in the following Canary Islands: Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.
This means that the maximum temperature can reach up to 40 ºC, which is why the Department of Public Health has issued a warning starting tomorrow morning, August 26th, that will be in effect until Friday, August 28th.
Red warning for high temperatures on Wednesday, August 26
Which will be the most affected areas?
- Gran Canaria - East, south and west of Gran Canaria. Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas and midlands of the south and west
- Lanzarote - Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas.
- Fuerteventura - Maximum temperature: 40 ºC. Affecting inland areas.
The rest of the islands will also experience high temperatures, with the maximum temperature reaching up to 37 ºC, especially inland.
As a consequence of the high temperatures, there is still a high risk of forest fires in Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro and Gran Canaria.
Plan the perfect holiday in the Canary Islands
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in the Canary Islands:
- Royal Hideaway Corales Beach by Barceló Hotel Group ***** (Tenerife)
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria Mogan ***** (Gran Canaria)
- Occidental Lanzarote Playa **** (Lanzarote)
- Hotel Ereza Mar **** (Fuerteventura)
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide to help you choose which Canary Island to visit.
Best Day Trips in the Canary Islands
These are the top 3 day trips in the Canary Islands: