St. Patrick's Day in Gran Canaria 2021
March is a great month to visit Gran Canaria if you are looking to escape the cold back home since most of Europe is still fighting low temperatures at this time of year. And if you're from Ireland and you're regretting the fact that you'll miss the St. Patrick's Day celebration back home, then worry no more, since there are plenty of Irish bars in Gran Canaria and you'll be spoiled for choice.
Since the south of the island is the main area for tourists, you'll find that here St. Paddy's Day is a big thing and most of the bars join in the celebration, with live music and entertainment all night long.
Where to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Gran Canaria
17 March 2021
As you can imagine, in 2021, due to the restrictions put in place according to Covid protocols in Gran Canaria, the celebrations for St. Patrick's day won't be the same as in previous years.
This is the list of places that usually organize events for St. Patrick's day in Gran Canaria, but keep in mind that due to restrictions things will be different and the number of people at a table is limited.
Popular Pubs and bars that do live music and entertainment on St. Paddy's in the south of Gran Canaria
- Dunes and Tunes, Irish Bar in Maspalomas
Paseo Costa Canaria, Maspalomas 35106
- The Shamrock Bar in Puerto Rico
Av. Tomas Roca Bosch, 1A, 35130 Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria
- Mulligans in Playa del Ingles
Avenida de Tenerife, 6 San Bartolome De Tirajana, Canarias
- The Irish Tavern in Playa del Ingles
Calle Málaga, 26, 35100 San Bartolomé de Tirajana
- Pub Durty Nelly's in Puerto Rico
Las Olas Shopping Centre Local 9 10 11, 35130 Puerto Rico
- Mc Carthy's Irish Pub Restaurante in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Calle Triana, 43, 35002 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Paddy's Anchor in Las Palmas
Calle Sagasta, 66, 35008 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour