Tacoronte Carnival 2021: Dates & Schedule
If you want to experience a carnival in Tenerife North, then we recommend that you go to Tacoronte, an authentic place, which organizes a big event each year.
Tacoronte Carnival - Piñata CHICA Tacoronte 2021 - to be announced
The carnaval in Tacoronte is known as Piñata CHICA Tacoronte, an event which is very much focused on the little ones, so it's a great idea to bring the kids with you.
Schedule of events 2019 edition
Thursday, 14 March 2019
- at 18:00 h at Auditorio Capitol
- Carnival contest for the elderly
Friday, 15 March 2019
- at 21:00 at Plaza de la Estacion
- Election of the Queen of the carnival in Tacoronte
Saturday, 16 March 2019
- at 10:00 at Plaza de la Estacion
- Costume competition for pets
- 12:00 at Plaza de la Estacion
- Carnival parade for children
- 21:00 at Plaza de la Estacion
- Miss Mosto
- 23:00 at Plaza de la Estacion
- Big traditional fiesta with music and dancing
Sunday, 17 March 2019
- 11:00 at Plaza de Cristo
- Antique car show
- 16:00 - Leaves from El Cantillo and goes towards Auditorio Capitol
- Big carnival parade in Tacoronte
Monday, 18 March 2019
- 21:00 - Leaves from Plaza de La Estacion
- Entierro de la Sardina - Burial of the Sardine
The night will end with a big party, where you can enjoy authentic Tacoronte wine.
Plan the perfect holiday to Tenerife
Join our Tenerife Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
Book Your Accommodation
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in Tenerife:
- Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife ***** (Playa Paraiso)
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace **** (Playa de Las Americas)
- Barceló Santiago **** (Puerto de Santiago)
If you want more options, you can take a look at the complete list of accommodations in Tenerife!
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
Best Excursions in Tenerife
These are the top 3 excursions we recommend to everyone visiting the island: