The Canary Islands complete 24 hours without new admissions due to Covid-19
Let's also share some positive news, among all this panic and chaos. We will try to find some good news to share from the Canary Islands, from Spain and the entire world, so we can keep up the hope.
May 5, 2020 - POSITIVE NEWS CANARY ISLANDS
1. The Canary Islands complete 24 h without new admissions due to Covid-19. The Canary Islands have registered another coronavirus death and four new diagnosed cases on Sunday, but the islands' hospitals did not receive any new patients with Covid-19, nor was it necessary to transfer any of their patients to intensive care. (Diario de Avisos)
2. Jet2 ready to resume operations with Lanzarote as soon as they are allowed. The Lanzarote Foreign Promotion Society (SPEL-Turismo Lanzarote) has started a round of meetings, in which the Lanzarote Tourist Federation (FTL) also participates, with the main national and international tour operators in order to "maintain a permanent and continuous contact with the most prominent agents in the sector to know in an updated way the situation of the tourist markets, as well as the forecasts that, depending on the evolution of the circumstances, are handled by the main airlines, tour operators and travel agencies (Lancelot Digital)
3. The Government extends to 50% the capacity allowed in terraces in phase 1 of deconfinement. The Government has decided to extend the capacity allowed on the terraces of hotel establishments to 50 percent from phase 1 of the de-escalation (initially it was announced at only 30 percent). (Canarias 7)
4. The beaches of Maspalomas and del Inglés will reopen on Wednesday. The City Council of San Bartolomé de Tirajana has decided today, after a meeting with the government group and members of the municipality's security, to reopen all the beaches of the municipality next Wednesday, May 6, for the uses permitted in the decree of the state of alarm. (La Provincia)
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.