8 Best Things To Do in Los Gigantes, Tenerife
Los Gigantes - famous for its majestic cliffs, is a quaint and charming seaside town on the island of Tenerife.
It is situated on the west coast of the island, but it still enjoys beautiful weather all year round, similar to the southern resorts like Costa Adeje, Playa las Americas and Los Cristianos.
- What to do in Los Gigantes - Best places to visit
- 1. Visit the beach in Los Gigantes (Los Guios beach)
- 2. Enjoy a meal or a drink at one of the restaurants in Marina Los Gigantes
- 3. Go on a whale-watching trip around Los Gigantes
- 4. Spend the day at one of the heated pools in Los Gigantes
- 5. Admire the view from Mirador Archipenque
- 6. Walk from Los Gigantes to Puerto de Santiago (or even to Alcala)
- 7. Get a tan on Playa la Arena
- 8. Swim in the natural pool in Los Gigantes
The town has grown in popularity during the past years, evolving from a place where people only stopped for a few moments to admire the amazing cliffs, to a place where visitors actually come to spend their holidays in Tenerife.
What to do in Los Gigantes - Best places to visit
Barcelo Santiago and Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes are the most popular hotels in the area, if you're looking for a place to stay.
1. Visit the beach in Los Gigantes (Los Guios beach)
Los Guios Beach is a black sand beach and it offers great views of the cliffs. Unfortunately, due to the height of the cliffs, the beach doesn't get much sun in the morning, but it's great just after 12 or 1 PM.
2. Enjoy a meal or a drink at one of the restaurants in Marina Los Gigantes
If you fancy a meal with a view towards the marina and the beautiful boats, pop into one of the restaurants and enjoy lunch while admiring the view.
3. Go on a whale-watching trip around Los Gigantes
The port of Los Gigantes is ideal for a boat trip to watch the dolphins and the whales along the coast of Tenerife. You can see these majestic creatures in their natural environment, all while enjoying a drink and the food that is also included in the price of the boat trip.
- Pick-up service from locations between Los Gigantes and La Caleta
- Fresh fruit, home-made sandwiches (vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available) & Beverages, including cava, white and red wine, beer and soft drinks
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
4. Spend the day at one of the heated pools in Los Gigantes
You get not one choice, but two, in regards to heated pools and places to spend the day with a cocktail while working on your tan.
Oasis Los Gigantes is now the only public pool in Los Gigantes, after the Piscina El Laguillo was closed. Oasis Log Gigantes offers a beautiful view over the ocean and it's a relaxing way to spend your day, especially during the sunny winter days, when the seawater is too cold to swim in.
5. Admire the view from Mirador Archipenque
If you want to get the best view of Los Gigantes cliffs, Mirador Archipenque is the place to go. You get an overview of the town, as well as a view of the cliffs and the best thing is you can buy a souvenir here and even drink a cup of coffee while taking in the view. We know that by the time you're reading this you're already tired of all talking on and on about the view, but this is truly one of the breathtaking and stunning landscapes in Tenerife.
6. Walk from Los Gigantes to Puerto de Santiago (or even to Alcala)
If you fancy a day with a bit of a walk, you can go over to Puerto de Santiago, which is the neighboring town. There are some lovely restaurants and bars along the way so there's no need to rush. Since this part of the coast is quite hilly and full of ups and downs, you'll need to hydrate yourself along the way anyhow.
Read more about things to do in Puerto de Santiago.
7. Get a tan on Playa la Arena
Although the sea is usually not ideal for swimming, the beach is quite lovely, with the palm trees and the black shiny sand, so a day spent here is a must if you're in the area and if you love spending time in the sun.
8. Swim in the natural pool in Los Gigantes
This is a beautiful place to go and swim and relax, but it can also be quite dangerous, so be very careful.
Don't go in the pool when there are big waves or the weather is generally bad because a lot of tragedies have happened here over the years. In 2017, two people have drowned here after a giant wave swept them away from the pool.
We don't want to put you off from visiting this place; we only want to stress the fact that you need to be careful if you want to swim in this beautiful natural pool in Los Gigantes, one of the best places to see in town.
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour