The Three Kings Parade in Gran Canaria 2020 / Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos
On the 5th of January 2020, the entire island of Gran Canaria will celebrate the visit of the three wise men: Balthasar of Arabia, Melchior of Persia and Gaspar of India. Remember also that January 6th is a bank holiday and most of the shops will be closed.
- The Three Kings Parade will take place on January 5th, 2020.
- The Three Kings Parade in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 2020
- Three Kings Parade in Valsequillo 2020
- Cabalgada de los Reyes Magos in Arguineguin
- Three Kings Parade in Maspalomas 2020
- The Three Kings Parade in Teror 2020
- Three Kings Parade in La Villa de Santa Brigida 2020
On January 6th, Spain celebrates the Epiphany or the arrival of the Three Kings from the Orient, an event which is highly anticipated by everyone, but especially by children, who receive gifts on this day (similar to Christmas day in other cultures).
The day of the Epiphany, January 6th, is a public holiday and so many businesses will be closed on this day.
However, the celebration starts a day before, on January 5th, with a highly anticipated event: the Three Kings Parade (La Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos). The kids will write letters asking for toys or other gifts and they will and these letters down to the Three Kings when they meet them before the parade.
The Three Kings Parade will take place on January 5th, 2020.
LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA
The Three Kings Parade in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 2020
- Start point: Castillo de La Luz
- Endpoint: Parque San Telmo
- Start time: 5 PM (17:00)
The festivities will begin in the capital of Gran Canaria at 12:00 with a musical theatre at Teatro Perez Galdos
In the evening the festivities will continue with the Three Kings Parade or Cabalgada de los Reyes Magos de Oriente. The three kings will be accompanied by floats and lots of extras, which will offer a great show and spectacle for the participants.
The parade will start at 5 PM from Castillo de la Luz and will move towards San Telmo Park.
Balthasar, Melchior and Gaspar will tour the entire city along with their respective courts, starting from La Isleta and greeting the people and children who came to see them. In addition to the beautifully decorated floats, this year will also participate in the parade a fire truck, large vehicles from the Correos office that will transport the messages children have written to the kings and other decorated vehicles.
The parade will also pass through the street Juan Rejon y Albareda, the Santa Catalina park and will arrive at the final point in San Telmo Park.
See the schedule from the city council here.
Three Kings Parade in Valsequillo 2020
- Time: 19:30
The Three Kings Parade through the streets of Tenteniguada, where children will be able to deliver their letters. The parade will end with a toast with everyone present, and the celebration will continue with more entertainment activities and other surprises.
Cabalgada de los Reyes Magos in Arguineguin
The info below is from 2019. We will update this section as soon as we know the details for the 2020 parade. Until then, you can see which was the schedule for the parade in Arguineguin this year.
- Time: 18:00
Arrival by boat of the Three Kings in Arguineguin in the harbor.
From there the parade will pass through Avenida de las Maranuelas up to Plaza Perez Galdos, accompanied by music and dancing.
Also from 17:00 to 21:00, in Plaza Perez Galdos there will be several other events happening: gastronomy and crafts included.
Three Kings Parade in Maspalomas 2020
Departure from Centro Socio-Cultural del Mayor towards Avda de Mogan until the roundabout (Rotonda de la piscina), then on Avda de Tunte until the Rotonda of Avenida de Gáldar, up to Camellero Hernández García Street (in front of Eurospar), then on the Avenida de Tejeda to the San Fernando Park.
The Three Kings Parade in Teror 2020
The parade in Teror will leave from the Parque del Puente del Pino at 5:30 p.m. At 4:30 p.m. the children's show ‘Clowncierto’ will take place in the Plaza de Sintes.
Three Kings Parade in La Villa de Santa Brigida 2020
- Time: 18:00
Kings of the Orient Parade through the city center of Santa Brigida, then at the three kings will be received in Plaza de la Iglesia, where they will receive the letters from the kids. The night continues with a special concert by Grupo Parchita Colora.
See info about the weather in Gran Canaria in January
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour