The Three Kings Parade in Tenerife 2020
Each year, on the 5th of January, everyone in Tenerife is waiting for the arrival of the Three Wise Men. This is a really interesting event and you should attend the parade if you're on the island at that time.
On January 6th, Spain celebrates the Epiphany or the arrival of the Three Kings from the Orient, an event which is highly anticipated by everyone, but especially by children, who receive gifts on this day (similar to Christmas day in other cultures).
The day of the Epiphany, January 6th, is a public holiday and so many businesses will be closed on this day.
However, the celebration starts a day before, on January 5th, with a highly anticipated event: the Three Kings Parade (La Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos). The kids will write letters asking for toys or other gifts and they will and these letters down to the Three Kings when they meet them before the parade.
Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos de Oriente Tenerife (Three Kings Parade) - January 5th, 2020
There are parades organized in all the major resorts and towns in Tenerife and on the 6th of January there is a national holiday in Spain and most of the shops are closed. The 6th of January is called the Epiphany, the day when the Magic Kings brought gifts to baby Jesus.
Three Kings Parade in Santa Cruz de Tenerife 2020
- 17:00 H - The Arrival of the Three King of the Orient, followed by a show for the children
- Location: Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez Stadium
- 19:00 H - Cabalgata de los Reyes (Three Kings Parade in Santa Cruz)
- Parade route: Starting from Plaza Republica Dominicana, goes through Asuncionistas, Ramón y Cajal, Galcerán, Weyler Square, Méndez Núñez, Pilar, Villalba Hervás, La Marina and ending in the Plaza de La Candelaria.
Three Kings Parade in Los Cristianos 2020
- 16:30 - 17:15 - The Arrival of the Three King of the Orient by helicopter
- Location: Centro Cultural de Los Cristianos
- 17:15 - 19:30 - The Three Kings will receive the letters from the children present at the event
- Location: Outside of the Centro Cultural de Los Cristianos
- 20:00 - Gran Cabalgata de sus Majestades los Reyes Magos de Oriente
The Three Kings Parade in Los Cristianos route: Starting from Av. Amsterdam, Av. Los Playeros from Plaza del Pescador (outside the cultural center), C / Barranquillo (section between Av. Sweden and Av. Los Playeros), Av. Sweden, Av. Benchijigua to the port of Los Cristianos.
Three Kings Parade in Adeje 2020
- 17:00 H - The Arrival of the Three King of the Orient by helicopter
- Location: Campo de Futbol in Adeje
- 19:00 H - The start of the parade of the Three Kings, accompanied by the presence of characters from cartoons and TV shows
- Location: Calle Grande
Three Kings Parade in Garachico 2020
There will be activities for children all day long, followed by a parade. There will also be a parade in La Caleta de Interian. See the full schedule.
Three Kings Parade in Candelaria 2020
From 17:00 to 21:00, in Plaza de la Patrona de Canarias, there will be different activities like Welcoming the Three Kings, reception of letters from children and a parade.
Three Kings Parade in Puerto de la Cruz
The parade will start at 19:30, from Castillo San Felipe, going towards Plaza de Europa in Puerto de la Cruz.
Read more about weather in Tenerife in January if you are planning to come on holiday at this time.
Plan the perfect holiday to Tenerife
Join our Tenerife Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
Book Your Accommodation
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in Tenerife:
- Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife ***** (Playa Paraiso)
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace **** (Playa de Las Americas)
- Barceló Santiago **** (Puerto de Santiago)
If you want more options, you can take a look at the complete list of accommodations in Tenerife!
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
Best Excursions in Tenerife
These are the top 3 excursions we recommend to everyone visiting the island: