Christmas in Corralejo 2020, Fuerteventura: Where to go for Christmas meal
Christmas in Fuerteventura is a unique experience, a mix of wonderful weather and mostly sunny days. And what's better than a sun tan in December?
If you decide to spend your winter holiday here, you are lucky because there is nothing better than Christmas on the beach!
With 3000 hours of sunshine per year, this means that you have a big chance of spending the holidays in flip flops with a cocktail in hand.
Fuerteventura Christmas holidays during the times of Covid
As you may well realize, things will be different in 2020, compared to other years.
Not all hotels and restaurants have reopened, and sadly some of them have closed definitively. There aren't as many tourists as in previous years, so the resorts are quiet and the bars not as full.
But it's not all bad and you can still have a good time.
There are enough bars and restaurants open so that you can have different choices. The atmosphere is more relaxed, so if you're looking to recharge your batteries after a hard year, Fuerteventura might be the best place (and safest) during these times.
- See the current rules in Fuerteventura (masks, smoking, nightlife)
- Covid-19 rules and measures during the holiday season
- Daily Covid-19 numbers in Fuerteventura (and the rest of the Canaries)
Christmas Market in Corralejo 2020
Each year there's a Christmas market organized in Corralejo.
In 2020, the market will be held on December 19 and 20 and January 2 and 3 on Avenida Nuestra Señora del Carmen. The Market will have workshops, music and entertainment activities.
On Saturday, December 19, there will be a Christmas concert "Fantástico" by Los Cantadores in Corralejo.
Where to go for Christmas meal in Corralejo, Fuerteventura
How about Christmas dinner? What options do we have?
This is what most people are wondering when coming for the first time to Fuerteventura during the holidays.
There are some restaurants in Corralejo that serve a magnificent Christmas dinner, places where you will not be disappointed.
Hoplaco Beach Bar - proper British Christmas Dinner
- Address: Hoplaco beach, Corralejo
- For details and reservations see their Facebook page
" A truly traditional British Christmas at Hoplaco - our long-awaited Christmas menu. On arrival, you will be greeted with a glass of bubbles and a warm friendly welcome. All 4 courses for €32. Book now as places are booking quickly"
Retro Bar & Restaurant
- Centro Comercial Lobos Bahía No, 2 35660 Corralejo, Spain
- See details on their Facebook page
Cantante cafe Fuerteventura
- Paseo Atlantico 2 35660 Corralejo, Spain
- See details on their Facebook page
Other places open on Christmas in Corralejo
- Clarkies Bar
- 13 Bistrot & Tapas Bar
- Rogues Gallery
- The Smiths Arms
Christmas at the beach in Corralejo
The main reason why people choose to spend the holidays here is the nice weather.
The average temperature during the daytime in December is around 20 - 22 Celsius, so you can forget the heavy coats and put on some bathing suits.
Please remember that most supermarkets are closed on Christmas day, so you need to do your shopping ahead of time.
Fuerteventura is a great choice for a winter escape and Corralejo probably has the best atmosphere on the island during the holiday season.
- Best apartments in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Modern Apartment (perfect for families) • Apartments in Atlantic Garden Beach Mate (renovated complex with pool)
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Tours & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour