Icod de los Vinos Carnival 2021
Most people visiting Tenerife have heard about Icod de los Vinos for one reason: the famous Drago Milenario tree, the symbol of the town.
But we recommend that you visit Icod also for another reason, like participating in the local carnaval which usually takes place around February or/and March. It's a smaller event compared to the one in Puerto de la Cruz or Santa Cruz de Tenerife, but it will be more intimate, delightful and the crowd will be mostly made up of local people, not tourists.
In 2019, the theme of the carnival in Icod de los Vinos was inspired by Cuba and its magic, the island that is strongly linked to the Canary Islands by their common past.
Will there be a carnival in Icod de Los Vinos in 2021?
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Tenerife.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Icod de Los Vinos once again.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour