Lanzarote Carnival 2020 Dates
Carnival season is a popular time for the Canary Islands in general - all the islands have big parties during this time and its a great atmosphere for tourists.
The carnivals usually take place between the months of February and March each year.
It's a great time to be on the island, so don't miss the occasion to participate in any of these events. People get dressed up, wear makeup, drink and party all night long, tourists and locals alike.
Carnivals in Lanzarote - 2020 Dates
Below you have the dates for the 2020 carnivals in Lanzarote.
- Puerto del Carmen: 27 February - 1 March 2020
- Playa Blanca: 19 - 22 March 2020
- Costa Teguise: 13 - 15 March 2020
- Arrecife: 15 - 26 March 2020
- San Bartolome: 23 - 28 February 2020
- Tinajo: 13 - 15 March 2020
- Haria: 5 - 8 March 2020
- La Graciosa: 20 - 22 March 2020
Each municipality organizes its own carnival, so you have plenty of opportunities to experience a carnival fiesta in Lanzarote during your holiday. Each carnival lasts for several days and they usually don't overlap. There is even a carnival organized on the small island of La Graciosa.
Scroll down to the end of the article to see also the dates for the main parade in each town or resort.
Puerto del Carmen Carnival 2020
- Dates for Puerto del Carmen Carnival: February 27th - March 1st, 2020
- Carnival theme in Puerto del Carmen: Lion King
- See more info on the page dedicated to the carnival in Puerto del Carmen
Costa Teguise Carnival 2020
- Dates for Costa Teguise Carnival: 13 - 15 March 2020
- Carnival theme in Costa Teguise: Bollywood, the Fantasy of India / Bollywood, la Fantasía de la India
More details to be announced soon.
Playa Blanca Carnival 2020
- Dates for Playa Blanca Carnival: 19 - 22 March 2020
- Carnival theme in Playa Blanca: The Jungle
The poster titled ‘The lion sleeps tonight’ was created by the graphic artist Juan Diego Ingelmo Benavente.
San Bartolome (Playa Honda) Carnival 2020
- Dates for Playa Honda: 23 - 28 February 2020
- Theme: Pirate Carnival (Carnaval Pirata)
- Sunday, February 23 – Carnaval Chinijo CHINIJO 11:00 h. - 17:00 h. in Parque FÉLIX RODRÍGUEZ DE LA FUENTE
- Tuesday, February 25 – Carnaval de Dia (Daytime Carnival) 12:00 h.- 22:00 h. in Parque FÉLIX RODRÍGUEZ DE LA FUENTE
- Friday, February 28 – Entierro del Guachinango - Avenida de Playa Honda
Arrecife Carnival 2020
- Dates for Arrecife Carnival: 15 - 26 February 2020
- Carnival theme in Arrecife: Comics
- See more info in the page dedicated to Arrecife Carnival
This year's celebration is dedicated to Comics.
The carnival is a really fun time to be in Lanzarote, as there are lots of parades and street parties and it's a festive atmosphere all over the place. If you really want to immerse yourself in the spirit of the carnival in Lanzarote, then we would recommend to get a costume, even a simple one and blend in with the locals.
Carnival Parade in Lanzarote - 2020 Dates
The parades are mentioned in cronological order.
- Arrecife – February 24th
- Playa Honda – February 28th
- Puerto del Carmen – February 29th
- Haria – March 7th
- Costa Teguise – March 14th
- Tinajo – March 14th
- Playa Blanca – March 21st
- La Graciosa – March 21st
If you're on the island during the events, here's a list of things to do in Lanzarote to give you some ideas of what you can see and explore during the daytime.