Playa del Duque - An Upscale Area in Tenerife and Costa Adeje
Playa del Duque is situated in the upscale zone of Costa Adeje, with lots of 4 or 5 stars hotels close to the beach and a wide range of international restaurants, prepared to meet the highest culinary expectations.
|Location:||Costa Adeje, municipality of Adeje|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Urban beach with fine golden sand|
|Facilities:||Sunbeds, umbrellas, toilets, waste bins, showers|
All you need for an unforgettable holiday in Tenerife
The area of Playa del Duque is a bit more quiet than Playa de las Americas, which is usually preferred by young people coming to the island to party all day long. In del Duque Beach you will find lots of good places for shopping like El Mirador Shopping Center, Plaza del Duque Shopping center and also many designer stores like Escada and Cartier.
The sand here used to be black volcanic sand typical to Tenerife, but it was changed in the recent years with imported golden sand, which now makes it more attractive to tourists. The sun loungers and umbrellas for hire are more expensive at Playa del Duque than in other places: prices are around the €20 mark for 2 sunbeds and 1 umbrella for the day.
The beach here is protected by large rocks formations that act like a breakwater and help keep the waves low and the water calm. This is the reason why it is ideal for families with children, since it is very safe and ideal for swimming.
Playa de las Americas resort it located just 4 kilometers away and it is easy to get to by bus or taxi if you want to join in the fun nightlife. Plenty of clubs keep parties going until morning hours.
Playa del Duque has an ideal location for day trips to other nearby beaches and resorts
Playa del Duque is connected through a promenade almost all the way to Playa Troya in Las Americas, through Playa Fanabe, Playa Torviscas and towards the famous Las Vistas beach in Los Cristianos. This makes for plenty of opportunities for long walks or day trips to the other resorts situated nearby. Fanabe is just 10 minutes walking distance and the prices there are usually lower in terms of restaurants and hotels also.
On the west side, you can make a trip to Los Gigantes to see the giant cliffs that rise up from the ocean to almost 800 m high.
If you are looking for a special romantic holiday in Tenerife, the luxury hotels in Playa del Duque may be just the perfect choice, given the beautiful sandy beach, the prime location on the island and also the unobstructed views of the ocean.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour