Torviscas Beach - Great Beach in Costa Adeje, Tenerife South
Playa Torviscas is part of the Costa Adeje set of beaches and it is connected to Playa Fanabe, separated only by the breakwater that helps in keeping the water calm. Together they are also part of Playa de las Americas resort and they are considered a more upmarket area compared to the south of las Americas.
|Location:||Costa Adeje, municipality of Adeje|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Urban beach with fine golden sand|
|Facilities:||Sunbeds, umbrellas, toilets, waste bins, showers|
Torviscas Beach offers many facilities: sunbeds, umbrellas, beach showers and a beach bar
Torviscas Beach in Costa Adeje is well connected to other beaches nearby: by walking on the promenade you can easily go to Playa la Pinta (Puerto Colon), admiring the scenery on the way. As far as activities go, there is something for everyone: a beach bar, room for the kids to play and plenty of opportunity for water sports enthusiasts.
At almost 300 m long, Playa Torviscas is smaller and a bit quieter than Fanabe Beach. You will find here all the usual amenities like sun loungers, umbrellas, restaurants close by and sometimes an inflatable playground for kids to enjoy in the water.
The ocean here is calm, due to the breakwaters, which help in keeping the waves low and safe for kids and everyone else to enjoy.
Torviscas Beach is close to many nice hotels, given its proximity to Playa Fanabe, an area well known for upscale hotels and gourmet restaurants. This is one of the top locations in Tenerife and prices are usually a bit higher than in other places.
You do get access to many good restaurants on the promenade, an actual bar with cocktails right on the beach sand and also a playground for children. Aqualand Waterpark is also situated close by and it’s a great day out, especially for families with young children.
Nearby beaches to Torviscas Beach:
- Playa Fanabe
- Playa del Bobo
- Playa La Pinta
Want to explore more? Read our complete guide for all 101 Beaches in Tenerife
- Best Apartments in Tenerife: Kn Aparthotel Columbus (Playa de Las Americas) • Aparthotel Los Dragos del Sur (Puerto de Santiago)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour