65% of the Canary Islands target population fully immunized against Covid-19
The Government of the Canary Islands has announced that nearly 2.7 million doses have been administered in this vaccination campaign against Covid-19.
The Ministry of Health of the Government of the Canary Islands informs that 65.36% of the target population of the Archipelago (that of more than 12 years that amounts to 1,960,774 people) is already fully vaccinated and that 79.28% of this population already has at least one dose of one of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines in Spain. This means that 68.49% of those over 16 years of age (which was the target population with which the campaign began) are immunized.
In total, SCS nurses and teams have administered 2,688,657 doses of vaccines until Monday, August 9th, which represents 94.78%t of those received, which are 2,836,860 doses.
At present, groups from 1 to 7 (residents and health and social health personnel of residences; health personnel; large dependents and main caregivers; vulnerable people; groups with essential functions such as teachers and policemen and people with very high-risk conditions) are already vaccinated with two doses between 99.5% and 100%.
In the rest of the age groups, the situation is as follows:
- Group 8. People between 60 and 65 years old: 81.58% with at least one dose and 56.79% with a complete regimen.
- Group 9. People between 50 and 59 years old: 93.58% with at least one dose and 94.12% with a complete regimen.
- Group 10. People between 40 and 49 years old: 57.86% with at least one dose and 71.66% with a complete schedule (including those immunized with Jansen, which is a single-dose vaccine).
- Group 11. People between 30 and 39 years old: 59.18% with at least one dose and 43.65% with a complete regimen.
- Group 12. People between 20 and 29 years old: 53.11% with one dose and 17.25% with a complete regimen.
- Group 13. People between 12 and 19 years old: 54.34% with a dose and 6% with a complete regimen.
Importance of vaccination
At this time, the vaccination calendar continues its course and the Ministry of Health insists on the need for citizens not to miss their appointments to get vaccinated or to go to the multiple vaccination points without an appointment that can be found on all the islands.
The Ministry of Health recalls that more than 70% of those hospitalized with COVID at this time were not immunized and that 77% of ICU admissions in Canarian hospitals occur in unimmunized people.