Gran Canaria Carnival 2018
Gran Canaria is recognized as a great place for partying, so during the Carnival days the island is full of life, music and color. Everyone is invited to take part in the festivities and enjoy the free spirit of Gran Canaria!
From North to South the entire island will be in a festive mood, so take your pick and join at least one of the festivities.
This year the main events will take place in the capital - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Maspalomas, Mogan and Galdar. Several other municipalities organize their own festivities: Ingenio, Aguimes, Telde, Teror, La Aldea.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival 2018
Dates for the Las Palmas Carnival: 26 January - 18 February 2018
The theme for the carnaval is Magic and fantastic creatures. You can read more in the page dedicated to the Las Palmas Carnival.
As usual, the main events are the big parade and the burial of the sardine, both of them celebrated in the last two days of the carnival.
17 February - The Main Parade at 17:00
18 February - The Burial of the Sardine at 19:00
Mogan Carnival 2018
Dates for the Mogan Carnival: 20 - 25 February 2018
This year the theme for the Carnaval in Mogan is set to be chosen soon. The options are: Ancient Rome and Greece, Comics and superheroes and The Far East.
Maspalomas Carnival 2018
Dates for the Maspalomas Carnival: 2 - 11 March 2018
The theme will be the Middle Ages and you can read more about the program for the event in the dedicated page for the Carnival in Maspalomas.
Galdar Carnival 2018
Date for the Galdar Carnival: 9 February
All the festivities will take place in Plaza de Santiago (Santiago Square).
Aguimes Carnival 2018
Dates for the Galdar Carnival: 3 - 25 February 2018
More info is available in the dedicated page of the event.
All of the Canary Islands have their own celebration, with the Carnival in Tenerife being the largest of them all and also the second largest in the world (only after Rio de Janeiro). The people in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura will also be joining in the celebrations, as this is the carnival season in all the islands of the archipelago.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour