Michelin Star Restaurants in Gran Canaria and Tenerife in 2021
If you're looking for some of the best restaurants in the Canary Islands for a fine-dining experience, take a look at the list of restaurants with Michelin Stars in 2021.
The island of Gran Canaria has made big efforts in the past years to improve the quality in the catering sector and it seems that the acknowledgments have started to appear. In 2021, there are 8 restaurants with Michelin Stars in the Canary Islands, spread between Gran Canaria and Tenerife and only one of them has 2 stars, while the rest of them have one star.
In Gran Canaria, the awards go to chefs Alexis Álvarez, from Los Guayres restaurant (Mogán, Cordial Mogán Playa Hotel) and German Ortega, from La Aquarela restaurant (Patalavaca).
See things to do in Puerto de Mogan, if you decide to visit.
The only restaurant in the Canary Islands with 2 Michelin stars is M.B., which is part of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Abama.
Michelin star restaurants in Tenerife 2021
- M.B. (Martín Berasategui) - 2 Michelin stars, the Ritz Carlton Abama resort
- Kabuki - 1 Michelin star, the Ritz Carlton Abama resort
- El Rincón de Juan Carlos - 1 Michelin star, Santiago del Teide
- Kazan - 1 Michelin star, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- NUB - 1 Michelin star, San Cristobal de La Laguna
Michelin star restaurants in Gran Canaria
- Los Guayres - 1 Michelin star, Cordial Mogán Playa Hotel
- Aquarela - 1 Michelin star, Patalavaca
At this new edition of the guide, four other establishments in Gran Canaria have received a Bib Gourmand, a booming category within the Michelin Guide, which awards restaurants with the best quality/price ratio. These are restaurants with huge success to the general public, due to the great quality which they manage to offer at a very reasonable price.
Bib Gourmand (Michelin Guide) restaurants in Gran Canaria
- El Equilibrista33 by Carmelo Florido
- La Barra by Traddiction by Angel Palacios
- Picaro Restaurant by Willy Ramirez
- El Santo by Abraham Ortega
All these 4 restaurants are located in the capital of the island, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, which is becoming one of the most interesting places in the Canary Islands in terms of culinary scene and varied gastronomic proposal.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour