Playa Blanca Market (Marina Rubicón Market)
The market in Playa Blanca takes place two times every week, so if you're coming to Lanzarote's southernmost resort and you want to do some holiday shopping, you need to plan a visit here.
Playa Blanca Market Days - Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Time: from 9 AM to 2 PM
- Location: Marina Rubicon (Playa Blanca Marina)
After the Coronavirus lockdown in Lanzarote, the market at Marina Rubicon will return on August 5th, 2020, welcoming visitors once more.
This market is set up along the Marina Rubicon, so the location is really lovely and pleasant for a walk, even if you don't have something in particular to buy.
We advise you to arrive early, before the crowds get here. Although the market in Playa Blanca is not as busy as Teguise market, there are still lots of people coming to look at the stalls, usually searching for gifts and souvenirs.
If you come over by car it is especially important to arrive early, in order to find an empty parking space.
There are lots of lovely bars and restaurants in the Marina, so you can grab lunch somewhere nearby, or at least a cup of coffee after a busy morning of shopping.
The market in Marina Rubicon is 20 minutes away on foot from town, so it's a pleasant walk to get here, but of course, it depends on where you are staying.
What can you buy at the Marina Rubicón Market in Playa Blanca?
You can find everything from handicrafts, leather objects, jewelry, fashion, local Lanzarote wine, Canarian products, as well as the usual knock offs like "Rolex" watches, designer bags and clothing.
OUR ADVICE: Haggle everything and don't pay the full price, especially when buying these types of fake brand items, as the starting prices are usually ridiculous.
The nice thing about Playa Blanca Market is the relaxing location next to the marina. After you're done with all the shopping, there is nothing better than having an ice-cold beer or a cocktail in your hand, watching the world go by and Marina Rubicon is a great place to do just that.
There are similar markets in other towns and resorts as well, so please look at the list of Markets in Lanzarote if you are interested in another location.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Lanzarote: Playa Blanca Romantic Villa (private pool) • Puerto del Carmen Premium Apartment (lovely terrace)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour