Playa Bollulo - A Wild And Amazing Beach In Tenerife
Playa Bollulo is located in the north of Tenerife, close to the resort of Puerto de la Cruz. The beach can be reached either by car (by parking at the the restaurant El Bollulo, and then it’s a 5 minutes walk down to the beach) or by walking the 4 km from Puerto de la Cruz. The journey takes around 45 minutes on foot and you can admire the entire coastline.
|Location:||El Rincon, La Orotava|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Isolated, Black sand|
|Facilities:||waste bins, bars|
Bollulo Beach - one of the the wild and amazing beaches of Tenerife
The beach is considered one of the most special places in Tenerife, because of the landscape that is totally unspoiled and untouched by commercial development. The big rocks coming out of the ocean offer plenty of opportunities for photographers, who also love this place, especially during sunrise and sunset.
Bollulo beach has no amenities in terms of sun loungers, umbrellas or showers and it is not supervised by lifeguards either. You will have to bring your own beach chairs and towels if you want to spend the day here, and even a snack if you don’t want to have lunch at the nearby restaurant. There is a small beach bar that serves drinks and tapas, so you can try a taste of Spain while looking at the crashing waves.
The walk between Puerto de la Cruz and the beach is lovely and it’s really worth it if you want to see another side of Tenerife, very different from the south. Close enough to Puerto de la Cruz in order to be easily accessible but far enough to be avoided by mass tourism, Playa Bollulo is a wonderful mix of beauty, wilderness and untamed force of nature.
Read also our complete guide to all 101 Beaches in Tenerife
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour