Puerto de Mogan Market - Days, Time and What You Can Buy There
The market in Puerto de Mogan is probably the largest market in the south of Gran Canaria and definitely the busiest. Tourists from all over the island come here for shopping, sightseeing and just relaxing.
Puerto de Mogan Market - Every Friday, from 9 am to 2 pm
- Location: the harbor and all the surrounding streets
What you'll find at the market in Puerto de Mogan:
- local food products, vegetables and fruits
- lots of fake label products like watches, bags, perfumes, etc
- clothes and shoes
There are lots of stalls and it gets really busy, so it would be better to arrive early.
There are also plenty of bars and cafes around, but they get busy quick so it's hard to find a spot around lunchtime. It seems like people are more interested in having a pint or a coffee, instead of doing some shopping.
Our advice would be to haggle the prices, as with all these types of markets in the Canaries. Also, be alert in regards to pickpockets and keep your purse and electronics where they are hard to reach.
If you want to shop for some gifts to take back home, Puerto Mogan market might be the place for you. Or you could also visit the crafts market in Puerto de Mogan, which takes place on Mondays.
Artisan market in Playa de Mogan: Monday, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Location: Square on top of the multi-story car park
If you want to buy authentic Canarian products like ceramics and leather products, you should also visit this Monday market in Mogan. Although it's not as big and popular as the Friday Market in Puerto Mogan, here you can find more authentic products, ideal to take back home as gifts.
But Puerto de Mogan is such a pretty town that it also deserves a visit on a more quiet day when you can enjoy a quiet walk along its colorful streets.
Our suggestions for best things to do in Gran Canaria
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour